Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW

Horizontal/Vertical view toggle in Combo Chart

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Horizontal/Vertical view toggle in Combo Chart

Currently in Qlik Sense we are able to change view to horizontal only on Bar Chart. It would be extremely helpful to have the same option (ability to switch between horizontal/vertical layout) also in Combo Chart.

This feature would make visualization where the dimension values are long and  you want to compare say actual vs budget a lot nicer.

thanks

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
24 Comments
piotr_kierul
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Lech! Thanks for posting this one!

It's one of my most favorite ways of visualization and I really miss it after switching to QS! 

Best regards!

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I wish I would have done this earlier. Anyway - let's push for it!

michal

Totally agree.

We are missing this basic feature in Qlik Sense

It is irreplaceable when ranking and comparing, for example, result, to the target and the previous year.

Currently combo chart is possible only vertically and as we know, vertical bars are the best for time series, and horizontal for categorical variables.

Even Qlik Sense Cheat Sheet for chart selection says it!

Also a hint: we can learn it from Controlling departments, it is a simple yet insightful standard - did we achieve target? If not, did we at least exceed last year's result?

Poziomy combo chart.PNG

Hope to see it soon in Qlik Sense !

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Michael_Tarallo 

Just wanted to pick your mind on my idea? Looks like it has a little bit of traction from other users and is very missed in QS. Do you think you could steer it towards R&D masters 😉 or give it a think at least? 

thanks

Lech

michalnurzynski
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

We would be pretty close to kind of the chart required by the ICBS standard for scenario comparisons: https://www.ibcs.com/standards/#ids[]=18739

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

The combo chart will be reviewed (most likely) during the first half of 2020, vertical is also on my shortlist. Thanks, Patric

Status changed to: Open - Coming Soon
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Looking forward to it!!!

its_anandrjs

Thanks please provide this feature me also like this.

Regards

Anand

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

HI @its_anandrjs 

have you voted by liking this idea?

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Thanks for the input, we are reworking the combo chart, stay tuned, delivery hopefully during 2020.

Thanks,

Patric

Status changed to: Open - On Roadmap