Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Hover icons - exploration menu, snapshot, full screen

AndrewMcIlwrick
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hover icons - exploration menu, snapshot, full screen

It is not always appropriate to always have these icons available in most chart types - often they cause an app sheet to look cluttered. This is especially true for KPI's and Text/Image objects where certainly the exploration menu / full screen options are superfluous, and often they make Qlik Sense look a very poor UI.

So provide the designer with the ability to switch each icon on/off via the Presentation properties panel.

This should be relatively simple to implement ? The hub app client would only need to wrap each JS visualization component with a simple check for each. It would not impact any server code and be a 100% front-end improvement. If possible, it could also be added as a feature for sheet properties meaning that all objects inherit the sheet properties. Or even further and better - the app properties ! An inherit / override strategy would add a great amount of customisation flexibility.

9 Comments
millerhm
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Yes, please! This would be great!

In addition to reducing visual clutter, which I support, there are several applications we have where stories are not relevant and I would happily turn off the snapshot menu item at an app level for simplicity (and to save my time explaining what it's there for when it's not used).

Spivey
Partner - Contributor III

+1, Greatly needed!

AndrewMcIlwrick
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Thanks both - these "simple" UI improvements would make a world of difference, but they seriously need a huge uplift in votes to get them in front of Qlik R&D / product management.

They may seem small in the grand scheme of SaaS strategy but all it takes is for a customer prospect to be wowed with a smarter UI to reach into their $ wallets. I have seen senior leaders in a past role question pie chart colors and even missing radar chart configuration options like rotating ! During demos it is not unknown for the decision maker to focus on one problematic area ( whether product based or data based ) and away you go on a difficult journey.

On that very topic please keep an eye out for the next Qlik Virtual Scottish Meetup via LinkedIn on 28-August where @Patric_Nordstrom will give us some key insights to the ideation process.

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Option to exclude hover icons per chart or app is coming most likey in Sept 2020.

Thanks,

Patric

Status changed to: Open - In Development
AndrewMcIlwrick
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Thanks - that is fantastic news ! I am happy to volunteer as a beta tester / early previewer if you wish to pass my details to R&D.

Spivey

🎉 This will be a great improvement, however small!

AndrewMcIlwrick
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

After seeing @Patric_Nordstrom demonstrate this today it looks a huge value-add. Fingers crossed it is available in QSEoW as well as SaaS. Once I get a copy of Sep2020 I can do a full deep-dive review.

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Delivered as of September 2020 release, QSEoW and SaaS.

Tech preview is available here: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Sense-September-2020-Technical-Preview/bd-p/qlik_sense_september_...

Status changed to: Delivered
AndrewMcIlwrick
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Thank you !