Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Improve Qlik Sense Master Item Search

alexbjorlig
Creator
Creator

Improve Qlik Sense Master Item Search

One of Qlik Sense key functionalities is Master items.

When you implement Qlik Sense in a large organization, you tend to have hundreds of Master items. The ability to search for an item is therefor important. Today the search function is limited, and I suggest the following features, as an minimum for implementation asap:

1. Include description in search
  2. Include the possibility of combining the search across tags, title and descriptions.
  3. Make the search function out of the box like the search function in spotlight/iphone/google: when people search for "cars germany" they expect to find a measure named "cars europe-germany" - not the case right now.
  4. Best match options / did-you-mean: The search does only return exact matches! It the user search for "cars - germany" and the measure is named "cars germany" the search will show no results.
3 Comments
Not applicable

Hi Alex,

I think this is a very good idea, however, the Governed Self-Service reference deployment, associated capabilities, and solutions are built as an extension to Qlik Sense Enterprise functionality using the APIs.  We do not have the ability to make changes to the core product.  What I am able to do is share your idea with product management.

Thank you,

Jeff G

John_Teichman
Former Employee
Former Employee
Archiving due to the age of the idea.
John_Teichman
Former Employee
Former Employee

Status changed to: Closed - Archived