Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Input Variable extension should keep entered value after refresh

rohit_shoppertr
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Input Variable extension should keep entered value after refresh

This idea is reference of ticket id 01951903 - INPUT VARIABLE EXTENSION RESET TO BLANK OR EMPTY OR DEFAULT VALUE OF VARIABLE AFTER REFRESH.

We have an extension which refresh every minute. We have used input variable extension on one sheet where client enter value(integer) then charts get filtered according the set analysis written on variable attached to input variable extension.

Problem here is let say current time is  12:01:01(hh:mm:ss) and client entered a value suppose 1 into variable extension when app reloads at 12:02:00 the entered value vanishes after refresh and this annoys client because he needs to reenter the value.

Idea or suggestion here is, variable extension should keep value after refresh of app until session expires or user clear the selections.  

Tags (2)
15 Comments
rohit_shoppertr
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Thank you for your feedback on ways to improve our product. Since you are using an 3rd party extension for triggering a refresh it's difficult to keep any state in any object.

Thanks,

Patric

Status changed to: Open - Not Planned
rohitk1609
Master
Master

Hi Patric,

First of all, This is not third party extension, its one of the object in Qlik visualization bundle. Secondly, We are requesting to keep the entered value after refresh of app. Reentering entered value after refresh makes client annoy and reduce the user interaction.

Thanks,

Rohit 

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

@rohitk1609 thanks, I was referring to the extension you use to refresh the page every minute. 

The variable input keeps the value for less intrusive refresh such as selection change, perhaps the your extension can be rewritten to send such an update instead.

Thanks,

Patric

rohitk1609
Master
Master

I am not using an extension to refresh the page every minute. I am schedule the task in QMC for each minute.

What I am requesting  in Qlik Sense in possible in Qlik View where variable input keeps value after refresh.

We are looking for same feature here. I locked the ticket for the same. Qlik support suggested me to raise the concern here.

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Currently the user selection state and user soft properties such as column width is saved  during reload, we are looking into whether we can keep user variable state as well. As of now the the variables are reset to the saved value in the app at reload.

Thanks,

Patric

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Status changed to: Open - Collecting Feedback
fabdulazeez
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi @Patric_Nordstrom ,

Is there any update on this. We are using variable input on the dashboard to control few variables. There are task which reloads every 5 minutes to refresh the data. Every time the refresh happens the variable value is defaulted, Which is annoying for the end user especially when they are analyzing in the full screen. Please let me know if there are any alternates or work around for this behavior

ElizabethLamb
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi, the same functionality would be very useful for us.

Currently I am changing some of the user-facing variables to field values, so that the selected value can survive a reload. This is specifically critical for the apps that reload every few minutes.

MaWi
Contributor II
Contributor II

+1 up