Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Malicious files (.txt.,.exe.pdf etc..) can be upload from QMC that need to be restrict

nareshmbmw
Contributor II
Contributor II

Malicious files (.txt.,.exe.pdf etc..) can be upload from QMC that need to be restrict

Uploaded files, even those of expected and permitted file types, should be scanned for malicious contents (e.g. malware, zip-bombs, exploits or scripts). These may either be malicious to the system itself or others that access these files (e.g. other users downloading infected documents).

6 Comments
GlenUrquhart
Contributor
Contributor

Supportive of fixing this security risk ASAP

Ian_Crosland
Employee
Employee

Status changed to: Open - Collecting Feedback
GlenUrquhart
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Ian, I saw a note saying you reopened this. It would really help us to get this fixed.
My organization uses 3rd party tools to security scan products, and this was almost a showstopper for us. I would be happy to have a short call to give you more feedback. My Qlik CSM is Mandy Laycock and Account Lead is Chris Cash.

Ian_Crosland
Employee
Employee

Hi

Thanks for the additional information, at this stage this idea is in the collecting feedback phase where the  likes/votes from the wider community will be monitored 

Thanks for using Ideation

Ian

Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived