Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Mini Chart options in Qlik Sense

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Mini Chart options in Qlik Sense

Dear Team,

What i miss in Qlik Sense is the mini chart feature of QlikView.

I would love to have this feature in Qlik Sense, because it is most widely used feature I feel and it has a capability to throw a valuable insight in the data.

The similar functionality is already developed by vizlib in their Table extension.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
9 Comments
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Mini charts in the table is most likely coming in June 2020.

Thanks,

Patric

Status changed to: Open - In Development
qlikmeup
Contributor III
Contributor III

I hope also that we can see mini-charts soon.
I thought that qliksense is much better in visualization then qlikview.
But because extensions are even at qlik cloud not allowed, and many other visualizations have gone
(mini-charts, cyclic drilldown, multi-filter control)
the user interface experience till now is weaker in my opinion...

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Thank you @Patric_Nordstrom for confirmation.

Looking forward to that. 🙂

qlikmeup
Contributor III
Contributor III

Another thing i'm missing e.g. hyperlinks in pivot cells is also not available in qliksense.
Seems a lot of features have gone in qliksense we had at qlikview.
Maybe Qlik could buy the https://home.vizlib.com/ company or license their tools, and integrate their tools in the qliksense portfolio so we can use them?
They seem to have some of these missing features - mini-charts,...
In these days there are a lot of competitors in bi space - tableau, powerbi, ... Would be good to have as most as possible cool controls to build cool vizualizations, to convince our customers to remain at qlik.
We e.g. built a solution with qlikview and now tryed to port this application to qliksense, but we would then have a less cool vizualization in future - that's not what we expected.
Yes - thx - the possibilities to use extensions seem to be much better - but there's a need for good out of the box controls too.

martingries
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Qlikmeup,

that's what we thougt, too...

We migrated all our QlikView apps to Qlik Sense and if I compare our start with Qlik Sense 02/19  with the actual version in use 11/19 (and we can't wait to implement version 04/20) Qlik is on a good way to "leave no Qlikkie behind" 😉

But you're right we would like to use some of the extensions (vizlib & co, also Ping/Qlik Alerting) but it's not easy to convince our board to spend (after a migration project) even more money for missing functionalities...

Especially even some of the new stuff (like viz.bundle in QS) is not working together with NPrinting and as far as I know the vizlib extensions are supporting NPrinting...

So we are hoping that Qlik will close the gaps between QV and QS in a very short time period.

A roadmap from Qlik would be nice

BR

Martin

dimitar_dekov
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

@Patric_Nordstrom I think this feature is now available.

qlikmeup
Contributor III
Contributor III

@dimitar_dekov,

THX for the Info - these are good news.
I found some details about 'June 2020 release' in
'Qlik Community Blogs->Qlik Design Blog->Mini Charts'  here

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Delivered as of June 2020.

Status changed to: Delivered