Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Option to remove an App from the work area after republishing it

Helmut
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Option to remove an App from the work area after republishing it

Often I myself in the following situation:

There is a published App and I need to change something. So I duplicate it, open the copy in the work area and to the change. After the change I open the context menu in the Hub and choose "Publish" and overwrite the original one.

But I'm left with the working duplicate in my Hub which I have to remove in a second work step.

So why not integrate that action as an option in the Publish Dialog like so?

Helmut_0-1600937806291.png

This would help streamling the work process a little bit each time an edit is needed.

2 Comments
Thomas_Hopp
Employee
Employee

Hi @Helmut thank you for sharing this idea with us. We have changed the workflow a lot within our QSE SaaS product, where you do not have to make a copy of the App first / duplicate it to continue to work. The parent / child relation has been introduced as part of our Space concept. Removing an App within the Publishing flow in a QSE Client Managed environment is not planned right now, which is why I'm closing this specific one. But I would be very interested to hear your feedback about the new content workflow / app lifecycle as part of a QSE SaaS Tenant. Have you been working with it already ?

Thanks again for participating in our ideas forum and looking forward to hearing from you.

Thomas

Status changed to: Closed - Declined
Helmut
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi @Thomas_Hopp , 

thanks for your reply. Unfortunately all of our customers have their Qlik Sense On Premise, so I have no chance to work with the lifecycle in the SaaS environment.

Cheers

Helmut