Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Qlik Replicate - User Permission enhancement

iFahm
Partner - Contributor III

Qlik Replicate - User Permission enhancement

Hi, 

I have ideas to enhance the user permission for Qlik Replicate:

1. Currently user permission only support in UI Server of Windows Version. Please add this feature on Linux Version, so customer doesn't have to prepare 2 different machine : 1 Linux Server for Replicate Server and 1 Windows Server for UI
  2. User Permission not only support Active Directory from Windows Server, but also support another Active Directory such as open LDAP, etc.
  3. Currently user permission set for all tasks. So we can't set a user to be an Admin for Task A and to be a viewer for Task B. This permission is very usefull for large organizations, sometime they only have 1 Attunity Server, but each team has to design/maintain/monitor their own task

Hope on the next version, this feature could be enhanced. Thanks

Regards,

Fahmi 

3 Comments
Ola_Mayer
Employee
Employee

Hello.

We believe that this level of granularity for access control belongs in Enterprise Manager and not stand alone Replicate server. The functionality you described above already exists there.

Status changed to: Closed - Already Available
iFahm

Hi @Ola_Mayer 

There are 3 ideas. If you talking about "level of granularity" for access control so it means only answer the idea #3, And I didn't find the answer of Ideas #3 on Attunity Enterprise manager.  In menu "Permission" on AEM, it only contains menu : Server User Permissions, All Task User Permissions and All Endpoints User Permissions. We can't define specific user for specific task or Endpoints

Why are you in such a hurry to close my ideas? 🙂

In Idea #2 & #3. I talked about the user permission in Linux and connect to Active Directory also, and customer didn't find it in Attunity Replicate of Linux version but they can find it in Windows Version. And why they should buy Attunity Enterprise Manager if they only have 1 Attunity Replicate Server? 🙂

Regards,

Fahmi

John_Teichman
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hello @iFahm,

Going forward, please submit a single idea per post. Please review the submission guidelines for more information.