Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW

Qlik Replicate and Compose could Read & Write QVD/QVX

pedrobergo
Employee
Employee

Qlik Replicate and Compose could Read & Write QVD/QVX

Hi for all,

Migration data from existing on-premises Qlik to Cloud is not so easy, and also combine environments even then are all Qlik Solutions it is not easy too. 

It was great if Qlik Replicate (and Qlik Compose) could Read and Write QVD format.

To ilustrate that, you can imagine these scenarios:

1. On-Premise Qlik Enviroment (actually Client-Managed) replicate  QVDs to Aws Redshift.
  2. On-Premise Database (i.e. SQL Database) replicate to AWS S3 using QVD columnar format and Qlik Cloud consumes that.
  3. Two or more On-Premise Qlik Environment needs to be consolidate into Azure Data Lake Storage.
  4. Qlik Compose read QVD stored and AWS S3 or Azure Blob Storage and create a Datawarehou inside Azure SQL Database;

if there possible to read and write QVD from Qlik Data Integration, it was amazing and create a fluid integration with all Qlik solutions.

Tks

@pedrobergo 

6 Comments
Ola_Mayer
Employee
Employee

Hello @pedrobergo 

We are starting shortly an Early Access program for our customers and partners focusing on Qlik Cloud Services for Data.

In our first release we will be supporting at least one of the use cases you described above: On-Premise Database (i.e. SQL Database) replicate to AWS S3 using QVD columnar format and Qlik Cloud consumes that.

Rest of the use cases will be covered over time.

Please let me know if you would like to setup a call to review our plans?

Ola Mayer

Status changed to: Open - New
pedrobergo
Employee
Employee

Hi @Ola_Mayer 

Yes, i can... , of course.

You can contact-me by e-mail, phone or any web format.

[],

Pedro

Shelley_Brennan
Former Employee
Former Employee

Status changed to: Open - On Roadmap
WalterSchmidt
Contributor II
Contributor II

It would be very helpfully if Qlik-Replicate could read QVDs and move the data to snowflake and the other way too.

Ola_Mayer
Employee
Employee

Currently we are only supporting QVDs with Replicate using Qlik Cloud platform.

Pretty much everything you described in the steps above is either already avaible or on the roadmap for Cloud Data Services

Status changed to: Open - Not Planned
Meghann_MacDonald

Adjusting Ola's comment as delivered in QCDI

Meghann

Status changed to: Partially Delivered