Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW

Room for more filter (>15) selection in the selection bar,

deepak_km1989
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Room for more filter (>15) selection in the selection bar,

Attachments

Hi,

We were working with client engagement and they found out that, we cant select filters more than 10 to 13 depending on the width of the selected filters.

Just checked with the support and got to know Qlik is behaving as expected and it is designed to be the same, and it crunches out if more than 10 filters are selected and filters names vanishes away, just scroll bar will be visible.

Attaching is the screenshot were we selected 12 filters and for 13th filter we faced this behavior from Qlik,Annotation 2020-04-03 130533.png

Though of submitting this idea as it would be helpful for many of the clients going forward.

I hope this request will be considered in future releases.

Also adding all business case:-

• Functionality: How does the product work now? It crunches/fades away if more than 12 filters are selected , leaving just scroll bar and not the physical name. How would you like it to work in the future? There should be additional room space for more filter selection,now we are having scroll bar , but names fades away, we would like to see names appearing along with scroll and there shouldn't be any limitation on the filter selection.
  • Motivation: Why is the change important for your business? Based on the client observation we came to know about this limitation, I think it shouldn't be a loophole and have it hold back, we team believe, it should be out of box feature, so it is essential feature which should be in place.
  • Importance: What is the impact if the feature request is not approved? There wont any impact apart from leaving the clients in dilemma and disappointed state. We think it is not any addition requests, but basic requirement.
  • BenefitsWhat is the impact if the feature request is implemented? We see business impacts, as this feature is missed, we are creating bookmarks for all possible cases that client is externally requesting, which is huge, as we have 200+ customers we different filter criteria, Obviously we cant go and create all possible bookmarks for the asks.

But Many of the partners and clients will be satisfied with this requirement is included. We are currently using April 2019 Enterprise edition,Not sure if this is taken care in new 2020 Feb release.

6 Comments
Greg_Oliven
Partner - Contributor III

I can confirm that this is a problem for us as well. Users who are used to managing their selections from the selection bar when they've made only a few filter selections shouldn't be forced by an obscured view of the first interface to go to second interface (i.e. hitting the Selections button) when they've made a lot of selections).  Working with locked filters is a particular problem, because you can only unlock in Selections interface, you can't (so far as I can see) apply a lock there.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I think in your case some css may not be loaded properly as Qlik Sense already contains solution for that. Instead of having long scrollbar which obstructs everything there are paging buttons available "on hover" 

Check the attached image:

DB50D52B-B47B-47B7-978B-8CDCB75A5E86 (3).gif 

Greg_Oliven

Lech - thanks so much for posting this. I have to hunt down why this behavior isn't working for me...

Greg_Oliven

I found it - i had toggled Touch Screen Mode to on. Correcting this, gave me the behavior you pointed to. Thanks again for posting your note about "on hover".

Greg_Oliven_2-1611719777002.png

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

good pickup with "touch screen mode"

cheers

Ian_Crosland
Employee
Employee

Hi

Thanks for submitting, a few options discussed for this in the comments above

Ian