Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Task chaining in Qlik Sense SaaS

mlehtola
Partner - Contributor III

Task chaining in Qlik Sense SaaS

Reload triggers after another app has reloaded (task trigger) is not available in Qlik Sense SaaS editions. These are vital when having multiple apps for data extracts and data model generation.

Please include these similarly than in Qlik Sense Client-managed and Qlikview. This would bring Qlik Sense SaaS another step nearer to enterprise production readiness.

10 Comments
Jeffrey_Goldberg
Employee
Employee

Hi @mlehtola ,

Thank you for the feedback. While this item isn't directly my area, it's a function I'm keen to contribute to because there are ways you can facilitate task chaining, albeit not in the ui.

Here's a video showing what you can do with Qlik Sense SaaS today to do some task chaining using qlik-cli.

In addition, I'm in the process of creating a tutorial on this subject for qlik.dev. It will be up on the site next week. 

Regards,

Jeff G

Status changed to: Open - On Roadmap
jheasley
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

@Jeffrey_Goldberg  thats a helpful video, but there are plenty of deployments that don't have the resources or skills available to use CLI at scale, but still need task chaining capabilities in SaaS.  

Can you provide any update on the Estimated Delivery for this feature?

Thomas_Hopp
Employee
Employee

Hi @mlehtola @jheasley 

giving you an update on this area. This is planned for QSE SaaS within this year. I've updated the Status to "On Roadmap" as I can't give you a date right now. But let's say 6-9 month is a realistic timeline for it. As always, the earlier the better.

I'll update the thread and you will see other blogposts as well as soon as there is more to share.

Thomas

Status changed to: Open - On Roadmap
Ian_Crosland
Employee
Employee

Status changed to: Open - In Development
Roger11
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

do you have any update about when this will be available?

Thanks!

Roger

AlexOmetis
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

The way this has been delivered is through App Automations: Task chaining ‒ SaaS editions of Qlik Sense

Roger11
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the info!

Ian_Crosland
Employee
Employee

Status changed to: Delivered
linnakry

@Jeffrey_Goldberg : Hi Jeff, will Automation be included in qlik-cli as part of creating a task chaining reload task? 

msan

Before task chaining is included in Qlik Saas interface, you might try a very easy and clean approach to trigger one app after another.
Details here

https://qlikblog.eu/trigger-app-reload-from-qlik-script-saas-task-chaining-solution-continuous-reloa...