Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gfoo-009
Contributor
Contributor

Refresh metadata for SalesForce in Talend

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to refresh metadata in Salesforce in Talend but did not seem to get the updated metadata from Salesforce.

Is there a way to do this? DO I have reconnect Salesforce in order to get the updated version?

Thanks.

0695b00000UyOwsAAF.png

Labels (5)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also checked with v8.0.1 and i don't see a refresh button (like we refresh a table schema under DB connection) when editing a schema. So, just open salesforce connection, test the connection and go to Next step, select the Object from the list, and click Finish button, check if the existing schema is updated or not. If this way does not work, you have to delete and retrieve it again.

Note that: before deleting the schema, right click on the schema under salesforce connection and select 'detect dependencies' option to detect the list of Jobs which are using this schema, you have to update these Jobs to use the new schema later.

Regards

Shong

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Did you mean the schema of object?

Can you please provide the following information for us to be more better evaluate the issue:

- Product version (such as Talend Cloud Real-Time Big Data Platform (7.3.120200219_1130)

- Operating System (such as Windows 10, 64 bit)

- Java version (such as Oracle JDK build 11.0.8+10-LTS)

Regards

Shong

gfoo-009
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Shong,

Yes schema of object. example few new fields not available on curr version.

Product version is 8.0.1

Operating System is Windows 10, 64 bit)

java version - where can I find this?

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gordon foo​ , go to <studio installation directory>/workspace/.metadata folder and open the .log file, you will see which Java version is using to launch studio.

I am trying to understand your issue, if you have changed your object in salesforce, you need to delete the schema understand salesforce connection and retrieve it again. Correct me If I don't get your point.

Regards

Shong

gfoo-009
Contributor
Contributor
Author

@Shicong Hong​ 

details from log file :-

java.version=1.8.0_312

java.vendor=Temurin

BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=en_AU

Yes , I understand I probably need to delete existing schema and then reconnect and then retrieve.

will that work ?

Is there a way to just do refresh with existing connection?

Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I also checked with v8.0.1 and i don't see a refresh button (like we refresh a table schema under DB connection) when editing a schema. So, just open salesforce connection, test the connection and go to Next step, select the Object from the list, and click Finish button, check if the existing schema is updated or not. If this way does not work, you have to delete and retrieve it again.

Note that: before deleting the schema, right click on the schema under salesforce connection and select 'detect dependencies' option to detect the list of Jobs which are using this schema, you have to update these Jobs to use the new schema later.

Regards

Shong