Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

TOS-DI 6.1 with Mac OS X Mojave

Hi!

I upgraded to Mojave this morning. I was trying to use a tMap component in my Designer and after I entered the editor for the tMap, I clicked "OK" and TOS crashed to desktop. (this happens even when i press "Apply")

I know that this is  a known issue and it's been already patched for TOS-DI 7.1.1 but unfortunately I'm forced to use this old version.

thank you very much.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello @mvDt,

With talend open studio, you have to upgrade your studio to V 7.1.1. There is a fix in 7.1.1. When you are using Mac OS X Mojave 10.14.1 or higher one, please modify the Talend-Studio-macosx-cocoa.ini and add a line with: -Dos.version=10.14.

With talend subscription solution, you could log a Support case to have the following patch assigned to you: Patch_20181122_TPS-2808_v1.zip.

Let us know if it is OK with you.

Best regards

Sabrina

View solution in original post

9 Replies
vapukov
Master II
Master II

Hi

Talend produce patches for versions from 6.3, so if you could not migrate - request Talend for additional support

patches distributed only for subscription version, so you will not find a solution on the community forum 

For Open Studio - or downgrade Mac OS or Upgrade Studio 

regards

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

What feature you have that requires talend open studio v 6.1?  Could you please give us more information about your situation ao that we could see if there is any workaround for you.

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

unfortunately, since it's a huge and old project Idk which features requires tos 6.1.

here what happens when I try to run a project with tos 7.1 :

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
	at org.talend.components.api.component.ComponentDefinition.<clinit>(ComponentDefinition.java:73)
	at org.talend.components.api.component.AbstractComponentDefinition.<init>(AbstractComponentDefinition.java:68)
	at org.talend.components.salesforce.SalesforceDefinition.<init>(SalesforceDefinition.java:64)
	at org.talend.components.salesforce.tsalesforceconnection.TSalesforceConnectionDefinition.<init>(TSalesforceConnectionDefinition.java:31)
	at xxx.caseexport_0_1.CaseExport.tSalesforceConnection_1Process(CaseExport.java:2578)
	at xxx.caseexport_0_1.CaseExport.tJava_1Process(CaseExport.java:2348)
	at xxx.caseexport_0_1.CaseExport.tFileInputDelimited_2Process(CaseExport.java:2191)
	at xxx.caseexport_0_1.CaseExport.tJava_5Process(CaseExport.java:1314)
	at xxx.caseexport_0_1.CaseExport.runJobInTOS(CaseExport.java:25152)
	at xxx.caseexport_0_1.CaseExport.main(CaseExport.java:24814)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.apache.commons.lang3.SystemUtils.isJavaVersionAtLeast(SystemUtils.java:1654)
	at org.apache.commons.lang3.ClassUtils.isAssignable(ClassUtils.java:760)
	at org.apache.commons.lang3.reflect.TypeUtils.isAssignable(TypeUtils.java:375)
	at org.apache.commons.lang3.reflect.TypeUtils.getTypeArguments(TypeUtils.java:903)
	at org.apache.commons.lang3.reflect.TypeUtils.getTypeArguments(TypeUtils.java:801)
	at org.apache.commons.lang3.reflect.TypeUtils.getTypeArguments(TypeUtils.java:787)
	at org.apache.commons.lang3.reflect.TypeLiteral.<init>(TypeLiteral.java:90)
	at org.talend.daikon.properties.property.PropertyFactory$1.<init>(PropertyFactory.java:29)
	at org.talend.daikon.properties.property.PropertyFactory.<clinit>(PropertyFactory.java:29)
	... 10 more
[statistics] disconnected

Job CaseExport ended at 10:07 18/03/2019. [exit code=1]

I need to keep tos 6.1 due to the size of the project.

thank you  very much!

best regards,

Michael

vapukov
Master II
Master II

Life never stop 

you can not vote to Apple for stop support for Java 1.7 (you could ... but result predicted) 🙂

but the problem for big versions jump it not only the Talend problem, it same for databases and other systems

I would suggest you try to export/import this job (from where error example)  thru versions chain

• export from 6.1 -> import into 6.3
  • export from 6.3 -> import into 6.5
  • export from 6.5 -> import into 7.1.1

if this resolves your problem, it is often used way and good example - why it is important to follow the mainstream and not freeze for a long time

good luck with your migration!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

yours is a really good advice! thank you mate. 

I'm gonna try it at least with the 6.3 edition. stay tuned!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

on the 6.3 version, what is the current solution to fix this issue?

is it to add "-Dos.version=10.14" to Talend-Studio-macosx-cocoa.ini ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello @mvDt,

With talend open studio, you have to upgrade your studio to V 7.1.1. There is a fix in 7.1.1. When you are using Mac OS X Mojave 10.14.1 or higher one, please modify the Talend-Studio-macosx-cocoa.ini and add a line with: -Dos.version=10.14.

With talend subscription solution, you could log a Support case to have the following patch assigned to you: Patch_20181122_TPS-2808_v1.zip.

Let us know if it is OK with you.

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you very much for your support.

Since for me it's not possible to update Talend, I'm gonna use a workaround, or as someone might say: "a porkaround",  I'm gonna use another laptop with windows installed on it.

Thank you very much again.

Best regards,

Michael

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello @mvDt ,

Thanks for your feedback. Feel free to let us know if there is any further help we can give.

Best regards

Sabrina