Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
craymond
Contributor
Contributor

URGENT!! Not able to connect to Remote Engine from Studio

Hello Support Team,

We have Talend Cloud license and we have installed Talend Remote Engine and it is up and running. We are able to run jobs from Cloud. However we can see Remote engine in Studio and when we run jobs on Remote engine, we are getting below error: Server unreachable IP:8003, message: Connection time out.

Remote engine is on AWS VM and inbound rules are set to connect from Studio IP on this port.

This is blocking us in our development activities. Please consider this as high priority.

Labels (2)
8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Chris1 Raymond​ ,

This isn't support I'm afraid. If you go back to the homepage you will see a support button next to the "Search Community" bar in the header banner. Click on that and it will take you to support.

Regards

Richard

dgreenx
Creator
Creator

We have the exact same problem after "upgrading" to the latest Remote Engine software. Port 8003 appears to be open for traffic by Talend in the Port rules. Java is listening on the port according to NetStat. Jobs run from the cloud pushed down to that Remote Engine server. But Talend Studio times out when trying to remote execute to that server. Did you get an answer from Talend on this issue?

From Talend Studio installed on our laptops we get Connection Timeout

From Talend Studio installed on the same server as the Remote Engine we get Connection Refused.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @david green​,

I have looked into this. Can I ask whether you have followed these instructions?

https://help.talend.com/r/en-US/Cloud/remote-engine-user-guide-linux/enabling-remote-run-in-talend-studio

https://help.talend.com/r/en-US/Cloud/remote-engine-user-guide-linux/configuring-connection-between-talend-studio-and-talend-remote-engine

Regards

Richard

dgreenx
Creator
Creator

So according to the instructions, I have stopped the Remote Engine service. I have made the change to the cfg file now to use the * instead of the localhost for the four ports. I have rebooted the server. I have tried to run a job from my pc using the remote engine. It is now making an initial connection, but the transfer to the sever of the small job is extremely slow and after about 5% it dies with the following error:

Execution failed : org.talend.designer.runprocess.ProcessorException: org.talend.remote.commons.exception.ClientServerException: org.talend.remote.commons.exception.ClientServerException: TimeOutInterruptor has interrupted the socket stream, timeout has been reached

[org.talend.remote.commons.exception.ClientServerException: org.talend.remote.commons.exception.ClientServerException: TimeOutInterruptor has interrupted the socket stream, timeout has been reached]

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, so the instructions got you a step further and now you have a timeout error? I think it is best that you raise a support case about this. You'll be able to demo the situation to them and they will be able to take a look at your configuration. Sorry I can't help any further, but I feel that you will get a quicker resolution via Support in this case.

dgreenx
Creator
Creator

Thank you

dgreenx
Creator
Creator

Found the problem. The online doc says this:

0695b00000OBicWAAT.pngBut there is one more line that needs to be changed:

org.talend.remote.jobserver.server.TalendJobServer.LOCAL_HOST=*

When all five lines are changed it works. Someone should fix the doc.

Thanks again,

dg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for picking this up and highlighting it @david green​. I have raised this with our documentation team and this will be resolved as soon as possible.