Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nickheidke
Contributor III
Contributor III

Upgrading to 7.1.1 Modules Won't Download and Install

I'm attempting to take our project from Talend 7.0.1 to 7.1.1. After opening the workspace with Talend 7.1.1, the workspace appears to undergo an upgrade on each job in the project. Then after launching, I attempt to open one of our jobs that's using a MySQL module (jar file). It's showing a red exclamation point. I click "Install..." on the banner that comes up under component. The list of "Modules not installed" comes up. I've tried clicking "Download and Install" as well as "Download and install all modules". Both options close the window, but then nothing further happens. Is it possible it's installing in the background? I don't see anything in the "Progress" window, so it feels like nothing is happening.

Labels (2)
9 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

The nexus server availability is OK with us. Please try to install external libraries manually from Talend Modules view, download this jar from nexus server and then install it from Talend Modules view. Feel free to let us know if it is OK with you.

Installing external libraries into studio automatically is still not working now. So far, more work is required to have talend-update.talend.com working properly. 

The last issue which remains is near to be addressed. A team of people from Talend worked actively on producing a solution to get rid of the situation. We’ll keep you posted. 

Apologies for the inconvenience! 

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello All,

We deployed the last patched version of the nexus hosting talend-update.talend.com on Friday and do not ring any alarm on our side and tests done did not trigger any issue on our side.

Could you please try to install Additional Packages to see if it is OK with you from your end?

Our apologies for the inconvenience. We'll keep you updated on this issue.

Best regards

Sabrina

talendtester
Creator III
Creator III

I am using 7.1.1.20181026_1147 and still having to manually get the .jar files.

Should this be fixed?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @talendtester,

Is the network OK with you? Are you behind proxy? What's the error message are you getting? More information will be helpful for us to address your issue.

Best regards

Sabrina

talendtester
Creator III
Creator III

On the server, this is what I saw, no link to download:

0683p000009M4vc.png

This got it to work:

0683p000009M4u6.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

This a-j-interop.jar file should be installed in your studio automatically.

Are you able to find this jar file from this folder<TalendInstallationPath>\configuration\.m2\repository\org\talend\libraries\a-j-interop\6.0.0?

0683p000009M4wk.png

Best regards

Sabrina

talendtester
Creator III
Creator III

a-j-interop.jar wasn't there before I installed it (the create date is yesterday which is when I manually installed it). It was the first one that came up when I opened the install module windows. I was just using it as an example. I wasn't planning on using it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @talendtester 

Could you please try to re-install your studio to see if it works?

Best regards

Sabrina