Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nvolleru
Contributor
Contributor

Version 1.8.0_311 of the JVM is not suitable for this product. Version: 11 or greater is required.

Hi,

I am getting below error after installing and trying to open TOS 8.1 version. I already have JDK 11 installed on my machine and I have set the environment variables JAVA_HOME and JRE_HOME, but it still doesn't work. I tried with JDK 17 as well, which is the latest version.

0695b00000LzAgSAAV.png

Hoping to get a solution from the community. Thank you for taking time to read the post. Kindly help.

Regards

Labels (2)
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

For v8 of Talend products, JDK 11 is required instead of JDK 1.8. Please ensure proper version of JDK is installed.

For more information please refer to this online documentation about: TalendHelpCenter: Compatible Java Environments

Hope it helps.

Best regards

Sabrina

nvolleru
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I have already installed JDK 11 and changed the environment variables as well and pointed it to JDK 11. It’s showing the error in the screenshot. Please let me know if there is something else that needs to be done. Best Regards Nagamohan Volleru
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

What's OS are you using?

Did you try to type java -version in cmd to see if your Java environment is set correctly?

Best regards

Sabrina

nvolleru
Contributor
Contributor
Author

OS is windows 10. I checked the java version using command prompt and it is showing Java 17. Please see screenshot below. [cid:image001.png@01D8015E.053829B0] Regards
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Actually, Java 17 is not list in the compatible java environments table.

Please use Java 11 in your windows 10.

In the documentation we provide a list of java environments that are supported, in the sense that we do provide an SLA and technical support for them. This doesn't mean other (non-listed) java environment will not work but simply we won't necessarily be equipped to help you with any issue you may face with them.

Best regards

Sabrina