Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Connecting to Qlik Enterprise via exported certificates with a JAVA client

Below are the steps I took to attempt to connect to my Qlik enterprise server

1. Logged in to the server and exported the certificates (In both Windows format and PEM format)

2. Created a keystore file with the keytool exe via command prompt with the following command

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_181\bin\keytool.exe" -genkey  -alias qlik -keystore "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_181\lib\security\keystore.jks"

3. Imported the exported client.pem certificate into the keystore with the following command

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_181\bin\keytool.exe" -keystore "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_181\lib\security\keystore.jks" -importcert -alias qlikclient -file "C:\qlik_certs\client.pem"

4. I then ran my test program and I got the below error. I can provide more detailed information if needed at your request

Grizzly(2), fatal error: 46: General SSLEngine problem

sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

%% Invalidated: [Session-1, TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256]

Grizzly(2), SEND TLSv1.2 ALERT: fatal, description = certificate_unknown

Grizzly(2), WRITE: TLSv1.2 Alert, length = 2

Grizzly(2), fatal: engine already closed. Rethrowing javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: General SSLEngine problem

javax.websocket.DeploymentException: SSL handshake has failed

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I was able to connect by using Eclipse Vertx  API with similar steps required to connect via javascript

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I've also attached our Qlik Sense java demo client to test authentication to the qlik enterprise server

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I was able to connect by using Eclipse Vertx  API with similar steps required to connect via javascript