Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Connecting to Qlik Enterprise via exported certificates with a JAVA client

Below are the steps I took to attempt to connect to my Qlik enterprise server

1. Logged in to the server and exported the certificates (In both Windows format and PEM format)

2. Created a keystore file with the keytool exe via command prompt with the following command

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_181\bin\keytool.exe" -genkey  -alias qlik -keystore "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_181\lib\security\keystore.jks"

3. Imported the exported client.pem certificate into the keystore with the following command

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_181\bin\keytool.exe" -keystore "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_181\lib\security\keystore.jks" -importcert -alias qlikclient -file "C:\qlik_certs\client.pem"

4. I then ran my test program and I got the below error. I can provide more detailed information if needed at your request

Grizzly(2), fatal error: 46: General SSLEngine problem

sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

%% Invalidated: [Session-1, TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256]

Grizzly(2), SEND TLSv1.2 ALERT: fatal, description = certificate_unknown

Grizzly(2), WRITE: TLSv1.2 Alert, length = 2

Grizzly(2), fatal: engine already closed. Rethrowing javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: General SSLEngine problem

javax.websocket.DeploymentException: SSL handshake has failed

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I was able to connect by using Eclipse Vertx  API with similar steps required to connect via javascript

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I've also attached our Qlik Sense java demo client to test authentication to the qlik enterprise server

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I was able to connect by using Eclipse Vertx  API with similar steps required to connect via javascript