Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ErikWetterberg

Create snapshot fails for some extensions

Hi,

We have a problem that for some of our charts you cannotcreate snapshots. They are all based on an extension, but for other charts (most of them, actually) creating snapshots work well.

What happens is that we get an error fron QIX Engine:

Capture.PNG

I have checked the message, JSON looks OK, and chrome developer console does not complain about the JSON, so I guess that something is missing, or of the wrong datatype or something. Has anybody seen anything like this? I have a feeling that these are pretty old charts, but I don't really know for sure.

Any help would be appreciated

Erik Wetterberg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ErikWetterberg
Author

Now solved!

Yes this is a bug, but it's in the extension. The problem was that the extension modified the hypercube (changed qNum: "NaN" to null) which meant that QIX engine consideraded the hypercube invalid.  Has been fixed now

Erik Wetterberg

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ErikWetterberg
Author

Still not solved I'm afraid...

I've grabbed the JSON message from the console and tried it in Engine API explorer - fails with the same message. When I grab a successful CreateBookmark command and run it the same way it succeeds.

Also if I remove the actual qHyperCube from the message, it succeeds (well, CreateBookmark succeeds, but of course the snapshot is not usable), which leads me to the conclusion that there is something wrong with the hypercube format, but I can't see anything that's wrong. Also I've tried validating the JSON, and it passes validation: I've used this validator:https://jsonlint.com/

Any ideas??

Erik Wetterberg

ErikWetterberg
Author

Now solved!

Yes this is a bug, but it's in the extension. The problem was that the extension modified the hypercube (changed qNum: "NaN" to null) which meant that QIX engine consideraded the hypercube invalid.  Has been fixed now

Erik Wetterberg