Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qlikbait1
Contributor
Contributor

Embedding Sheets into WebPage using Enigma.js (Qlik Cloud)

Hi,

What's the up-to-date way of embedding sheets into a webpage? (not single objects but the whole sheet)
According to the docs, there are 999 ways to embed a sheet into a webpage but I'm having issues even just following the docs.

I want to embed sheets I created on Qlik Cloud into a nextjs app. Enigma.js seems to be the right way to satisfy my goals but I'm open to hearing alternative solutions.

Sheets will be read-only for a while but later I may want to enable interactions including sheet development.

Best

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
alex_colombo
Employee
Employee

Hi @qlikbait1 , which docs are you referring to?

For embedding a whole sheet you have to use App Intgration APIs (here documentation). This solution works with iframes.

You can use enigma.js for managing the authentication and connection part to Qlik Sense App before render the iframe. Here you can find an example.

If in your next future there will be the possibility to allow users to develop on an App, then you should approach in a different way. Maybe a redirect to the Qlik App on Qlik Cloud? App Integration APIs doesn't allow you to make modification on the app.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
alex_colombo
Employee
Employee

Hi @qlikbait1 , which docs are you referring to?

For embedding a whole sheet you have to use App Intgration APIs (here documentation). This solution works with iframes.

You can use enigma.js for managing the authentication and connection part to Qlik Sense App before render the iframe. Here you can find an example.

If in your next future there will be the possibility to allow users to develop on an App, then you should approach in a different way. Maybe a redirect to the Qlik App on Qlik Cloud? App Integration APIs doesn't allow you to make modification on the app.

qlikbait1
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you @alex_colombo 

The Enigma.js link was super helpful. I was able to complete the integration without running into any issues.