Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lazurens
Partner - Contributor III

Embedding a webpage inside Qlik Sense Sheet

Hello Everyone,

I would like to embed an analytical web app that I have created with Python, and want to display it inside of a Qlik Sense Sheet.

I found an extension that does this in Qlik View to display a webpage and youtube videos inside Sheets, is there something similar that I can use with Qlik Sense ?

Thanks,

11 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

You might want to check out the "Extension editor" inside the dev-hub:

Getting started building visualization extensions - Qlik Sense - YouTube

Please ignore my previous answer.

Do you want to embed the whole application or just a chart?

If you just want to import a chart you might want to use the "Single configurator" from your dev-hub. You might import multiple charts this way but if you want something more specific you might also want to look into mashups.

sc3.PNG

sc7.PNG

Just remember to uncheck "Disable interaction" in case you want the chart to be interactive.

m_s
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hello Mohamed ,

try creating a widget containing an iframe element (just open /dev-hub, go to widgets and add to your existing widget-library or create a new one):

<iframe src="https ://LINK-TO-YOUR-PYTHON-SITE" style="width: 100%; height: 100%;"></iframe>

You can also create and use custom-settings inside a widget which makes it possible to display different webpages for each object.

Cheers,

Mathias

lazurens
Author

Thank you Bernardo,

That was inspiring.

lazurens
Author

Hi Mathias,

That was helpful indeed.

Thanks

Ralf_Heukäufer
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

You can also look for Extensions in Qlik Branch.

For example:

http://branch.qlik.com/#!/project/59ba7edad8d8122d5ad2d5b3

burak_ersoy
Contributor III
Contributor III

Dear hf-group,

I checked the extension that you suggested. And changed the link in the example app to ='https://www.google.com/maps/@$(=only(Latitude)),$(=only(Longitude)),5z' However, it is not loading the Google Maps. I attached the example QVF. Any suggestions?

Sincerely,

Burak

Ralf_Heukäufer
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hello Burak,

I think with Google Maps that could not work in this way, because for an iframe use you need an api key:

Developer Guide  |  Maps Embed API  |  Google Developers

Since my last entry I have changed the Extension and use now Qlik Branch‌  Media Box Extension and there the website mode

burak_ersoy
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hello hf-group,

Thank you for your response. Obviously, I need to work on my development skills for this matter. I will check the developer guide that you shared with me.

On the other hand, Media Box Extension looks great! Thank you for your hard work. After the first look, I couldn't see the feature that I can dynamically affect/filter the "web site" object like in the older version of the extension. Is it possible to construct the dynamic string for the URL through Qlik Sense features ($(..)) in the Media Box Extension? If possible, do you have an example QVF?

Sincerely,

Burak

Ralf_Heukäufer
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Did you mean this?