Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TimvB
Creator II
Creator II

Export Table via Qlik Sense UI Dashboard

Hi Experts!

I need a Qlik Sense extension that allows users to export a table in the front-end. The requirements are:

1. Export and save the table to pre-defined library location on the server (not client-side)
  2. Set a default name for the exported file
  3. Preferably overwrite the old exported file
  4. Preferably do not show/open the downloaded file in the browser

Why?

We want to quickly create a list of customers/products/employees via the Qlik Sense frond-end and import these lists into other programs. For example, this allows us to quickly select customers that bought product X but did not buy product Y. Then we can quickly segment these customers and automatically add them to a mailing list.

I tried modifying the extension Sense-Export of @Stefan_Walther, however, I am not able to solve the four requirements as stated above.

Does anyone have any recommendations on how to modify this extension or any other extension that will satisfy my requirements?

Much appreciated!

Tim

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stefanwalther
Contributor II
Contributor II

If you want to export a table, then an extension such as sense-export might help, but as every other extension, this extension is running in the security context of your browser.
So if you want to store the data on a server, you need an additional component, e.g. tiny web-service receiving this the exported data and storing the file. Alternatively you can do a pure server-side export, e.g. by using Qlik’s APIs, connecting to an app, exporting the data, etc., so a similar approach to how it is done in NPrinting …

View solution in original post

1 Reply
stefanwalther
Contributor II
Contributor II

If you want to export a table, then an extension such as sense-export might help, but as every other extension, this extension is running in the security context of your browser.
So if you want to store the data on a server, you need an additional component, e.g. tiny web-service receiving this the exported data and storing the file. Alternatively you can do a pure server-side export, e.g. by using Qlik’s APIs, connecting to an app, exporting the data, etc., so a similar approach to how it is done in NPrinting …