Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to include "Export data" feature in a mashup

Hi everyone. I am new to creating mash ups and was wondering if I could get a solution to a issue I have come across.

I created a mashup using Qlik Sense Server Workbench. This mashup contains a table object from one of the sheets in my app. When accessing the sheet via the HUB, right clicking on the table shows an Export Data option for this table object. Is there a way for me to include this feature for this table in my mashup?

Thanks!

27 Replies
Stefan_Walther
Employee
Employee

No, you can, just hadn't the time to have a look at the code you have attached above ...

Not applicable
Author

okay. I will appreciate if you could have a look at the code in your spare time.

Thanks.

Not applicable
Author

okay. I tested it in another browser and found out it works, but two things it exports to an excel sheet and its being blocked as a pop-up, that's why I couldn't find it in firefox. However If I want to export as an image, how do I go about that?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Stefan, I would like to use your Qlik extension "sense-export" to export data of a table to Excel.

However,the "sense-export" only supports no more than 10 dimensions, while there are 24 columns in my Qlik sense table.

I tried to change dimensions object in properties.js of Qlik extension "sense-export", however, it still does not work.

Could you please give any suggestion?

Thanks!

var dimensions = {

uses: "dimensions",

min: 0,

max: 22

};

var measures = {

uses: "measures",

min: 0,

max: 10

};

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Adekunbi , could you please give any instruction about how to use your Dashboard.js to export data from Qlik table to Excel?

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Stefan , I used the following method to create a button in Qlik sense mashup page to export data from Qlik sense table object.

require( ["js/qlik", 'jquery'], function ( qlik, $ ) {

var app = qlik.openApp('Executive Dashboard.qvf', config);

var $exportButton = $( document.createElement('button')).text('Export').appendTo('body');

var object = app.getObject('QV01','fzrxtjq');

object.then(function(model) {

var table = new qlik.table(model);

$exportButton.bind('click', function() {

table.exportData({download: true});

})

})

});

It works well in my local Qlik sense desktop, and it also works in Qlik sense server when I keep logging in Qlik sense server.

However, after I published the mashup at Qlik sense server with anonymous access, the "export" does not work any more in Qlik sense mashup page.

Could you please give any suggestion?

Thanks!

Not applicable
Author

‌Haikuo,

im not positive but my guess is that anonymous is not allowed to export data because of security rules.  I'd check security rules to see if anon has access to export data.

jg

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Jeffrey , thanks so much for your help!

I am not quite familiar with Qlik server.

Could you please give any further instruction about check/set security rules in Qlik server to export/download data from Qlik mashup page?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Jeffrey , thanks so much for your help!

I am not quite familiar with Qlik server.

Could you please give any further instruction about check/set security rules in Qlik server to export/download data from Qlik mashup page?