Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stascher
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Limit to number of selections specified on a URL?

Hello,

We have a extension that grabs the URL of the current app/sheet being viewed and attaches the current selections as an encoded string and then copies the result to the clipboard. The purpose is to allow the user to share a link to the sheet being viewed and have the same selections applied to it when the recipient of the link views it.  The resulting string has the form:

https://<server>/sense/app/<app-id>/sheet/<sheet-id>/state/analysis/options/clearselections/select/<...field-1-selections>/... etc.

The field selection encoding process basically wraps each selection value in square brackets, delimits selection values with semicolons and then calls javascript encodeURIComponent() function on the bracketed/delimited segment.

This seems to work fine until the length of the link hits about 575 characters (about 13 selections) and then the server returns:

HTTP Error 400. The request URL is invalid.

I've tried it using both Chrome and Edge and get the same result. From what I've read, there shouldn't be a limit to the URL length at least until you hit around 2048 characters.  I'm well under that.  Is there maybe a limit to the number of selections that can be specified on a URL? 

Regards,

Steven

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stascher
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Traced the problem to a server setting which limits the size of URL segments.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
stascher
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Traced the problem to a server setting which limits the size of URL segments.