Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JonatanMolsatoCotri
Contributor II
Contributor II

Postgres database username and password

I would like to know how I can find out the username and password for my Postgres database, as my data is out of date in the operations monitor dashboard, and so I cannot know the amount of access to each dasboard we have.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Marc
Employee
Employee

The QlikSenseUtil can be used as a Connection string editor for modifying the connection string the Repository Service uses to connect to the Postgres DB. this can be found in your install folder. <InstallDirectory>\Repository\Util\QlikSenseUtil
e.g. C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\Repository\Util\QlikSenseUtil

The Utility requires local admin to run, but in the utility you can see the connection string editor. Read the config and you can find the current details there. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
David_Friend
Support
Support

do you have any access to your Postgres via PGADMIN?  What version is the database?

Marc
Employee
Employee

The QlikSenseUtil can be used as a Connection string editor for modifying the connection string the Repository Service uses to connect to the Postgres DB. this can be found in your install folder. <InstallDirectory>\Repository\Util\QlikSenseUtil
e.g. C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\Repository\Util\QlikSenseUtil

The Utility requires local admin to run, but in the utility you can see the connection string editor. Read the config and you can find the current details there. 

JonatanMolsatoCotri
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks for the answer