Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ramonneto
Contributor III
Contributor III

QCS Cloud: Issues with visualisation and themes

Guys, I just received the response "Resolved - This incident has been resolved." But my old extensions still don't work. What exactly was the solution implemented for the problem. Shouldn't they be clearer about what's needed for extensions to work normally?

I would also like to remind you that one of the final solutions "Customers who have an offline copy of their themes and extensions can re-upload these to immediately resolve any issues." It hadn't worked at all.

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ramonneto
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Is the dateRangePicker, but the best solution for my case is to change to Qlik's native DateRange. Thanks

View solution in original post

9 Replies
_datadude
Partner - Contributor III

Hi @ramonneto,

have you tried to uninstall and install the extension?

Best!

ramonneto
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Yes, I mentioned that unfortunately it didn't work. But even if it works, reinstalling will give rise to a new object, right? I believe it would be necessary to exclude and include the object in the published reports, one by one. Would it be the best solution?

_datadude

Oh, I'm sorry to read that. Unfortunately, it wasn't immediately obvious from your first post that you had reinstalled the extensions.

I don't think that a new object is created, as we were able to solve the problem by reinstalling the extension and the object was integrated into a mashup - and the object was still displayed. The object ID must therefore have remained the same.

What else I would try:
- Clear the browser cache and reload the page
And if that doesn't work:
- Open the browser's web inspector and disable the cache under network. Then reload the page with the object and look and post the error message here.

Perhaps the error message will be helpful (even if I suspect that the extension is "simply missing" and this is the reason for the problem).

youngaaron
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

We're experiencing the same issue.

Based on the status of the incident, we assumed the incident was resolved. But our custom theme still looked a lot different after the incident was resolved (different colors, fonts etc). We uploaded the same theme again, but that theme now contains colors which aren't even defined in the theme. As an example, some of the objects from the Dashboard Bundle now have a background color defined under the styling properties.

ramonneto
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

@_datadude Thank you for your help. I tried again to import the extension and noticed that the problem is that it is not the same as the original extension. I looked for a similar extension at https://garden.qlik.dev/ (note that I no longer have the original, which came from Qlik Sense, and I'm using Qlik Cloud). It identifies the original, and in fact replaced all objects (updating via the Management Console - Extensions), but there are selection errors, just as another user commented - @youngaaron .
I don't understand if the problem has actually been resolved, or the extension will not work again.

_datadude

@ramonneto  I'm sorry to learn this. If you tell us the name of the extension and the version, I - or a member of the community - could try to find out if we can help with the specific package.

@youngaaron This is really strange. I don't know if it's really helpful, but I can only report that we also ran into this problem (missing vizlib extensions and a customized theme) and were able to solve it by reinstalling.

If in doubt, I would first delete the affected extensions and themes completely and then reinstall them instead of simply replacing them.

Hope it helps.

ramonneto
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Is the dateRangePicker, but the best solution for my case is to change to Qlik's native DateRange. Thanks

_datadude

@ramonneto Indeed, that's a good choice. Hope it is not too much effort, to change everything. 

ramonneto
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

@_datadude With patience, it won't be that hard haha