Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
schatterjee
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

QlikSense App Object metadata relationships

Hi,

I am using QRS API to get the metadata for the app and its app objects, like sheets, barchart, etc. But in the metadata response I am not able to find any relationship attribute which can let me know which chart is part of which sheet, or which dimension and measure is part of which chart, etc.

Is there any way I can get this information through any API?

Thanks

Labels (3)
5 Replies
Øystein_Kolsrud
Employee
Employee

You'll have to go through the engine API to get that type of information. The QRS has no knowledge of the relations between objects.

schatterjee
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Ok. Thanks. If possible can you refer me to the correct engine API method which can be used to get this information?

Øystein_Kolsrud
Employee
Employee

There are multiple ways to achieve this, but to find all instances of master object usage I'd probably go with first getting a list of all the sheets, then do a call to "GetFullPropertyTree" and traverse the result and identify all master object instances. This would be the endpoint to call:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-developer/August2021/Subsystems/EngineJSONAPI/Content/models-gener...

Øystein_Kolsrud
Employee
Employee

If you want to identify all master measure and dimensions as well, then that's harder as you would have to analyze the expressions used in the different objects.

schatterjee
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Thank you. Will look into it