Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
catalin
Partner - Contributor III

QlikSense .NET SDK - GetHyperCubePager - pageTransform:=Pager.Next error

Hello!

I am trying to iterate through a hypercube's pages and I am getting this error in VB. NET:

Argument not specified for parameter 'nxPages' of 'Public Shared Overloads Function [Next](nxPages As IEnumerable(Of NxPage)) As IEnumerable(Of NxPage)'.

The code used is ( courtesy of this blog post ):

Dim obj As Qlik.Sense.Client.Visualizations.Table = app.GetObject(Of Qlik.Sense.Client.Visualizations.Table)(objectid)                    
Dim qsPager = obj.GetHyperCubePager("/qHyperCubeDef")
Dim qsWidth = qsPager.NumberOfColumns
Dim qsHeight = qsPager.NumberOfRows
Dim maxHeight = CInt((10000 / qsWidth))
Dim pageHeight = Math.Min(qsHeight, maxHeight)
Dim rowsPerPage = New NxPage With {
                                    .Top = 0,
                                    .Left = 0,
                                     .Width = qsWidth,
                                     .Height = pageHeight
                                                        }
Dim DataPages As IEnumerable(Of IEnumerable(Of NxDataPage)) = qsPager.IteratePages({rowsPerPage}, pageTransform:=Pager.Next)

Anyone has any idea of what's going on? Any help or hint will be appreciated. Thanks a lot! 🙂

Catalin

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Øystein_Kolsrud
Employee
Employee

Hi! I don't know much about Visual Basic, but "Pager.Next" is a function. I'm not sure what the best way to pass functions as arguments is i in VB, but at least it seems to compile if you write like this:

Dim DataPages = qsPager.IteratePages({rowsPerPage}, pageTransform:=Function(p) Pager.Next(p))

View solution in original post

catalin
Author

3 Replies
catalin
Author

I was wondering, could it be because my object is Table type?

Dim obj As Qlik.Sense.Client.Visualizations.Table = app.GetObject(Of Qlik.Sense.Client.Visualizations.Table)(objectid)
 Dim qsPager = obj.GetHyperCubePager("/qHyperCubeDef")

The parameter for Pager.Next, according to the docs, is a collection of NxPages. But isn't the collection defined at this point:

Dim DataPages As IEnumerable(Of IEnumerable(Of NxDataPage)) = qsPager.IteratePages({rowsPerPage}, Pager.Next)

Øystein_Kolsrud
Employee
Employee

Hi! I don't know much about Visual Basic, but "Pager.Next" is a function. I'm not sure what the best way to pass functions as arguments is i in VB, but at least it seems to compile if you write like this:

Dim DataPages = qsPager.IteratePages({rowsPerPage}, pageTransform:=Function(p) Pager.Next(p))

catalin
Author

Tks a lot!!