Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

QlikSense.NetSDK v16.0.1 issues

Hi,

I just upgraded my solution to the new version 16.0.1 of QlikSense.Net SDK from v15.7.1

Unfortunately I got several errors as below:

Error CS1061 'ISheet' does not contain a definition for 'CreateTextImage' and no accessible extension method 'CreateTextImage' accepting a first argument of type 'ISheet' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) 

Error CS1061 'IApp' does not contain a definition for 'CreateMeasure' and no accessible extension method 'CreateMeasure' accepting a first argument of type 'IApp' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) 

Is something changed or what else?

Please let me know.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Best Regards

@Bastien_Laugiero @Michael_Tarallo @Sebastian_Linser @ToniKautto @Ray_Strother @Jack_Guo @Patricia_Silva 

Labels (1)
6 Replies
agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion
Author

Hi,

Did anyone face this issue?

In the meanwhile  I'm using version v15.7.1 of SDK.

Best Regards

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion
Author

Hi,

Any news about this topic?

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion
Author

Hi,
I just checked the latest version 16.1.0 of Qlik Sense .NET SDK
Nothing changed, same compilation errors because of missing methods.

What is going on here?

Øystein_Kolsrud
Employee
Employee

Lot's of deprecated methods mimicking client specific behavior were removed for 16.0.1. The two methods you mention were among them. ISheet.CreateTextImage was deprecated since February 2020 and IApp.CreateMeasure was deprecated since February 2021. More information can be found here:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-developer/August2022/Subsystems/NetSDKAPIref/Content/ReleaseNotes....

You should rely on the generic engine methods to perform these operations instead.

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion
Author

Hi @Øystein_Kolsrud ,

Ok, I understood.
So is there a document to help developers replacing deprecated methods in order to use the new ones?
Please let me know.

Best Regards

Øystein_Kolsrud
Employee
Employee

No I'm afraid no such documents exist. The reason why those methods have been deprecated and removed is that they were mimicking the operations performed by the Qlik Sense client, and that activity is not documented as part of the API. The SDK endpoints were therefore not reliable and hence removed.

If you want to do client related operations, then reverse engineering the engine traffic is the only real option available. Or ask here on Community for specifics of course.