Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Manish_Kumar_
Creator
Creator

QlikSense exportData API not working as expected

Hi,

I have tried the below code in mashup js file:

var app = qlik.openApp('c31e2aba-3b46-4b13-8b87-c5c2514dea1d', config); app.visualization.get('xGhjKl').then(function(vis){ vis.exportData({format:'CSV_T', state: 'A'}).then(function (link) { window.open(link); }); });

It worked fine for small dataset but when data was more than 10 lakh in the visualization.It exported only around 1.2 lakhs of rows rest were truncated,but what it is supposed to do is to exported each and every row in the visualization as export type is csv,which has no rows limmited

Manish Kumar, Senior Business Analyst
Labels (3)
6 Replies
NadiaB
Support
Support

Hi @Manish_Kumar_

Could you try changing the MaxSizeOfResponse to something big. The default value Is 20971520, maybe adding 2 extra zeros(2097152000), the value can be placed in the Settings. ini

Kind Regards. 

Don't forget to mark as "Solution Accepted" the comment that resolves the question/issue. #ngm
Manish_Kumar_
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi @NadiaB ,

Please guide detailed steps to do so, as I am not known to this already.

I am using Qlik sense server, where would I find this settings.ini file and what if there no "MaxSizeOfResponse" variable defined in that file 

NadiaB
Support
Support

Hi @Manish_Kumar_

The following article describes the steps to follow:

How to modify Qlik Sense Engine's Settings.ini 
https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/How-to-modify-Qlik-Sense-Engine-s-Settings-ini/ta-p/1714789

Hope it helps!

Don't forget to mark as "Solution Accepted" the comment that resolves the question/issue. #ngm
NadiaB
Support
Support

Hi @Manish_Kumar_

By any chance did you have the opportunity to add the parameter in the Settings.ini and verify the outcome?

Kind Regards.

Manish_Kumar_
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi,

Followed the steps below to add MaxSizeOfResponse:

Stopped the Qlik sense qngine service and qlik sense dispatcher service.

Then added the key and value as provided by you..but still data is exported in truncated manner in csv

What if there no number of rows issue but the size issue or something else..please provide me with all keys and respective values related to that to update in settings.ini file...

And Second thing can i export this data in qvd by any chance..by making changes in my code

Manish_Kumar_
Creator
Creator
Author

Hey @NadiaB 

Appologies for amy kind of delays!! But still I am stuck with it..I have updated the setting for MaxResponseSize as per link provided by you ..but still csv  outputs limited rows !!!!

Any suggestions would be appreciated!!!!