Did you mean: 
rnorris
Partner - Contributor III

REST Connection to Healthcheck returning qlik login page HTML

I'm trying to implement the Qlik Engine Health-Check tool by 

It requires a REST connection to each node, at the following:

https://<server domain>/engine/healthcheck 

if I paste the url for our engine in to chrome, I get the expected and required JSON result. When I 'test' the connection, it passes, however, when I actually run the script I get an error.  This is because what I actually get back is HTML, rather than JSON.

If I look at it in postman, I can see that the response I get, is actually the Qlik login page:

rnorris_1-1683631521367.png

So it seems like the issue is that for whatever reason, the Qlik Sense Service User account isn't logged in? Which seems odd. Enabling windows authentication and providing the details doesn't help. 

It feels like this should be a really simple solve, but I'm struggling. Any ideas? Thanks!

Labels (3)
7 Replies
giociva
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi @rnorris 

looks like the service account cannot perform an Automatic Logon. Try to add the URL used in the REST connector to the Intranet Site sectionf of Internet Options (Control Panel > Internet Options > Local Intranet > Sites > Advanced) for the Service User account you'are using for connection.

Best,

rnorris
Author

Where's that, on the Qlik server? I'll have a look. We don't have any local intranet, so gonna assume that's a qlik specific thing.

giociva
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

On Qlik Servers under control panel, see attached.

take a look at the following link for reference:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/Integrated-Windows-Authentication-IWA-with-Q...

Best,

rnorris
Author

Ah, ok, this looks very much like the fix I'm after! Having done this though, it's still doing the same thing, I'm guessing I need to restart the services? 

stefanstoichev123

For these cases i usually setup virtual proxy with JWT authentication and then im generating JWT for some user. Once have the JWT im using it to make all requests to qlik via the virtual proxy. 

P.S. You can always generate the JWT with expiration date and for some dummy used that is set to have limited access

rnorris
Author

@stefanstoichev123 that sounds promising, could you walk me through exactly how I do that please? I don't really understand what is expected for these fields, or where I'd get the info?:

rnorris_0-1683707522819.png

Thanks for any help you can provide!