cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danelooman
Creator
Creator

Removing the patches of a bookmark through Enigma API

Our largest app is reaching a boiling point with bookmarks. Enough people have made bookmarks with layouts that it is taking forever (7mins+) for the bookmark list to load in our app and the sheets won't load anything until it loads. We have realized this is due to a percentage of bookmarks having layouts saved. We are working with Qlik RND on solving the overall problem but for now I need to remove the layouts of any bookmarks that have them. I have already tried setting the "isExtended" property to false on all of them but that does not work. It looks like I need to set the qPatches in the layout either to an empty array or remove it all together. I think I need to do this through the ApplyPatches method but am having problems with it. Below is my current code which is returning an invalid parameters response. 

const app = await qlik.openApp("dd33cb85-f9ee-4774-b145-415eea6a24e2", config)
const applayout = await app.getAppLayout()
const doc = applayout.engineApp
const bm = await doc.getBookmark({
	"qId": "9ccc7b68-024c-4c70-b886-be2e648ccaed"
});
let patches = await bm.applyPatches({
	"qPatches": [
		{
			"qOp": "remove",
			"qPath": "/qBookmarkDef/qPatches",		  
     			"qValue": "[]"
		}
	 ]
})

This is the documentation I am referencing https://qlik.dev/apis/json-rpc/qix/genericbookmark#%23%2Fentries%2FGenericBookmark%2Fentries%2FApply...@ErikWetterberg  I tried following one of your blog posts but couldn't get it to work.    

Labels (1)
  • API

2 Replies
_jespers_
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Did you find any solution for this? I'm having the exact same problem and need to clear all the patches for the existing bookmarks.

danelooman
Creator
Creator
Author

@_jespers_ I don't think we ever did but there was a bug in Qlik's code for the layouts where it was fetching the layout for each bookmark when you grabbed the bookmark list. They worked with us and fixed it in a release but I am not sure which one.