Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deepanshuSh
Creator III
Creator III

SQL Data fetching error

Hi, 

I am having issues in the data being fetched onto the two servers (Production and a new server). The data is being fetched from the SQL server directly, in the older server, the data that is fetched directly from the server is coming naturally in the form of numbers (integer) which should be the case. Although, if i am running the same application onto the new server, the data is being fetched in the text (String) instead of the numbers. 

There are no transformation being done in the stage1 and i am comparing the data from stage1 itself. Kindly let me know what might be the issue and its resolution for the same. 

Trial and error is the key to get unexpected results.
Labels (5)
3 Replies
NadiaB
Support
Support

Hi @deepanshuSh

Are you using the same version of Qlik Sense in both environments?

What driver are you using? Have you verified that the driver in both servers is the same? 

If you do an explicit conversion, for example CAST(10.6496 AS INT)  does it help?

Kind Regards.

Don't forget to mark as "Solution Accepted" the comment that resolves the question/issue. #ngm
deepanshuSh
Creator III
Creator III
Author

HI, 

yes, I have updated the qliksense version while installing onto the new server (where error is coming). The new server has 2021 Aug version while the older server is using the 2019 version of qlik. Apart from that everything else is same. I have tried using num# and Num function, some values are appearing correctly, however, there has been conversion of the date to string as well. 

Trial and error is the key to get unexpected results.
NadiaB
Support
Support

Hi @Dee 

If versions are the same at this point there should not be any difference, unless you are using ODBC DSN and the driver in both servers is different, could you confirm?

Kind Regards.

Don't forget to mark as "Solution Accepted" the comment that resolves the question/issue. #ngm