Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Session app - upload data from a external csv file

Hi all,

Need help for the following things.

1) Can we upload data from a external file (csv,xls etc) into a session app ?

2) Can we call the Qlik API methods on session app object? example sessionapp.getFieldList(); ?

3) Script : The demos available online by Qlik just demonstrates a simple dynamic LOAD script.Is there a way using which we can Load data using inline load method or any other method?

akl

Thanks,

Abhishek

4 Replies
Aiham_Azmeh
Employee
Employee

Hi,

We have a helper library for loading data in you sessionApp GitHub - qlik-oss/halyard.js: JavaScript library for generating Qlik Load Scripts using an abstracte...

1) yes for ex. with halyard,js

2) yes, the only difference between app and sessionApp it's if it is persisted - all API's are the same

3) (if I understood well) yes haylard.js or setScript method ‒ Qlik Sense Developers

I hope this helps

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi aaz‌,

Thanks for your reply!

I tried using halyard.js, it is good.But, I am new to node.js and the library requires node.js to run/create load scripts on the fly.Node js runs using a command prompt.Do i need to open a command prompt each time to run the application?(Might be a silly question new to node.js). From the end user perspective, how would the app function like a web app without need to run the node commands ?

Thanks for your help !

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

You need to run halyard.js from the browser. Unfortunately we haven't any examples of how this is done with halyard.js. But we have this enigma.js example https://github.com/qlik-oss/enigma.js/tree/master/examples/complete/car-models that creates a session app with data from a CSV file and visualize it using d3.

I hope this helps

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

hi Stefan,

Thanks for your help !I am facing issue understanding the flow of the code as it uses node and other dependencies.

I need to achieve the connection to Qlik engine(to create new connection to upload data from external file like csv, create apps/vizualizations on the fly) etc. using a wizard like functionality in a browser. Using node.js for this particular app is cumbersome.

Can you please help me with a simple example to use enigma.js in a browser?The main problem that i am facing is upload data from external file (absolute/relative) path without enabling "Legacy Mode". Halyard.js is a great library with cool mixins but it again uses node.

Some insight about this would help

Thanks,

Abhishek