Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW

How to Share Bookmarks in Qlik Sense

No ratings
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

How to Share Bookmarks in Qlik Sense

Last Update:

Dec 20, 2023 3:21:40 AM

Updated By:

Sonja_Bauernfeind

Created date:

Nov 3, 2019 2:34:44 PM

Attachments

Create the Bookmark

1. Create a bookmark. The bookmark menu can be located in the top right corner of the Qlik Sense app overview. 

bookmark01.png

2. Create and save the bookmark
  3. Navigate back to the bookmark menu.
  4. Right-click the bookmark that you wish to share.
  5. Select Publish

bookmark02.png
You can also click Copy link - this will show a warning that the bookmark needs to be published. When confirming the warning, the bookmark will be automatically published. 

Share the Bookmark

1.  Right-click the bookmark again.
  2. Select Copy link   

bookmark03.png

3. Share the link with anyone who has access to the application. 

If the share option is not available or if users who should see the bookmarks cannot find it, verify that Sense has not been set up with Security Rules that disallow sharing or access to specific objects. See the attached document for details.

Labels (1)
Comments
Huiying
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Sonja
Great article, thank you!
Just curious, as bookmark needs to be published before sharing, I guess the bookmark will stay as community bookmark forever? if there are lots of them with big amount of data, will that cause any issue during app opening?
How about after migration? If we import binary file to a new cluster, I guess we loose the state of community bookmarks?

Best regards,
Susan

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

@Huiying Let me get an answer for you! 🙂

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello again,  @Huiying 

I've spoken to one of our SMEs who appears to already be working on this with you in a support case. 

Here's a quick summary from him (based on your questions):

Just curious, as bookmark needs to be published before sharing, I guess the bookmark will stay as community bookmark forever?

Yes, unless you unpublish it. You can unpublish it from the Hub.

Unpublish Bookmark.png

If there are lots of them with big amount of data, will that cause any issue during app opening?

Yes, there are operations done towards bookmarks during app opening. The more the user has bookmarks he has access to, the longer it will take to open.

How about after migration? If we import binary file to a new cluster, I guess we lose the state of community bookmarks?

Yes, you would need to unapprove/unpublish the bookmarks with APIs and reassign ownership.
Huiying
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Thank you Sonja! 🙂

Patrick_Kull
Contributor
Contributor

Dear Sonia

Thank you very much for this very useful article. I'm looking for an option to share within Qlik Sense. However, in our system the option publish is not available. Can this be configured? Could you please help

Best regards,

Patrick

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @Patrick_Kull 

Are you on a Sense version that supports this feature? And if so, have you created any custom security rules? These might have removed user's access to publish bookmarks. 

Nareshgp
Contributor III
Contributor III

Dear, Sonia,

Thanks for the article, I just wanted know below things.

1. What would happen, if creator of the community bookmark has left the organization ?

2. where the bookmarks can be saved in QMC?

Thanks in advance

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

@Nareshgp 

Please post your question in our active forums to make use of our active user base and the support engineers monitoring our forums. 

The correct forum is: Deployment and Management.

TaMahdi
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hello @Sonja_Bauernfeind  thanks for the article.

Users in published apps don't have 'Copy link' in the list, is it related to security roles?

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @TaMahdi 

I believe this may require additional troubleshooting that we cannot provide in this article. Please post about the issue in Qlik Sense Deployment and Management to make use of our active community.

Though, yes, bookmarks can be restricted based on Security Rules. If you can verify that a user with elevated rules is able to share bookmarks, you have verified that a security rule is at fault, in which case you will need to enable/disable what you have customized to locate the faulty rule.

All the best,
Sonja 

Contributors
Version history
Last update:
‎2023-12-20 03:21 AM
Updated by: