How to troubleshoot and resolve reload and task issues with monitoring apps
Steps for troubleshooting and resolving monitoring apps reload task failures:
Qlik Sense Enterprise, June 2017 and later
1. Make a copy of the monitoring app that is failing into your "Work Stream" then go to the Hub and run the reload process manually. This will show you if the issue is related to the task or the app reload.
2. Go to "C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Log" and you will see files such as "Operations_Monitor_Reload_Stats_xxx.qvd". Rename these files to .tmp extension then run the reload task to re-create the qvd. This may resolve issues related to corrupt .qvd file
3. The Rest connector file "QvRestConnector.exe.config" file may be missing from its default location.This rest connector error can be tested and replicated by double clicking on the "QvRestConnector.exe" file directly within the installation folder "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Qlik\Custom Data\QvRestConnector"
4. In QMC, check if the "Administrator" and "Service User" users have "RootAdmin" Admin roles assigned.
5. In QMC data connections make sure that the "qrs_" data connections exist, there should be:
- monitor_apps_REST_app - monitor_apps_REST_appobject - monitor_apps_REST_event - monitor_apps_REST_license_access - monitor_apps_REST_license_login - monitor_apps_REST_license_user - monitor_apps_REST_task - monitor_apps_REST_user - monitor_apps_REST_license_professional (depends on license model type) - monitor_apps_REST_license_analyzer (depends on license model type) - monitor_apps_REST_license_overview (depends on license model type)
6. In the above data connections, check the connection string and append "skipServerCertificateValidation=true" to it. For example: "CUSTOM CONNECT TO "provider=QvRestConnector.exe;url=https://localhost/qrs/app/full;...;useWindowsAuthentication=true;skipServerCertificateValidation=true;" also make sure that there is only one instance of the connection string defined. If there is more then one, delete them.
7. Make sure the user id and password are correctly set for each above data connection. This user can be dedicated account for above data connections but it needs to have rootadmin role.
8. In QMC Virtual Proxies / Authentication, change he "Windows authentication pattern" to "Form" instead of "Windows" then login to the Hub as the Service user to replicate the service user running the app. - For the Operations Monitor and License Monitor to reload correctly, it is required that at least one virtual proxy uses the Windows authentication pattern. If the virtual proxy uses a prefix, the qrs data connections must be updated to include the prefix used.
9. Ask for a copy of the.QVF file from support for the exact version of Qlik Sense that is installed. Support can send you the application and you can import it in QMC. This will resolve any version mismatch SQL errors.
10. In the connection string mentioned in point 6, try to use the FQDN instead of localhost.
11. Please make sure that you have enough disk space as the monitoring apps log files and .qvd files will continuously get larger in file size. Low disk space can cause errors while writing the .qvd file.
12. Please check if Kerberos authentication is enabled in Proxy settings. If yes then please disable it, there are know issues related to Kerberos authentication.
13. If the error in the logs refers to permissions and 'unauthorized' message such as the one below, go to each data connection, edit, and enter the username and password for the Qlik service user. Error: QVX_UNEXPECTED_END_OF_DATA: HTTP protocol error 401 (Unauthorized)