Digital Support

Qlik NPrinting does not generate PDFs for QlikView Entity reports

Last Update:

Feb 28, 2023 9:26:11 AM

Updated By:

Sonja_Bauernfeind

Created date:

Jan 23, 2023 6:34:20 AM

The Qlik NPrinting Engine cannot resolve requests for tasks which include Qlikview Entity reports that output to PDF or is not printing QlikView Entity reports to PDF.

An error is displayed when attempting to edit or print the QlikView Entity report:

Error: QlikView NPrinting PDF Printer not installed or not properly registered

QlikView NPrinting PDF Printer not installed.png

Or the report fails silently while the following is printed in the Qlik NPrinting logs:

resolution aborted with exception System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.↵↓   at Tracker.PDFXChange.IPXCControlEx.get_Printer(String pServerName, String pPrinterName, String pRegKey, String pDevCode)↵↓   at Qlik.Reporting.Printers.QlikPdfPrinter.Win64PrinterFactory.get_Item(String pServerName, String pPrinterName, String pRegKey, String pDevCode

When you install Qlik NPrinting, the Windows service “Print spooler” must be up and running. If it is disabled, the Qlik NPrinting Printer will not be added during the installation. Similarly, if a separate PDF-XChange driver is installed, the Qlik NPrinting engine install will not install the QlikView NPrinting PDF-Printer. 

Resolution

1. Verify if a separate PDF-XChange printer is listed in the Devices and Printers applet under  \Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers 
  2. If a separate PDF-XChange printer exists, manually uninstall it
  3. Ensure the Spooler (Print Spooler) service is running via Windows Task Manager
  4. Then re-Install Qlik NPrinting Engine
  5. Confirm that the Qlik NPrinting printer driver appears in the Devices and Printers applet under  \Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers

qlik nprinting pdf printer.png

Related Content

NPrinting: PDF reports generation fails after disabling the Windows Spooler service

Environment

Qlik NPrinting 

Internal Investigation ID(s):

QB-14941

Labels (1)
Comments
ryan_byrne
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

A quick comment on this. I found that I already had the default set but was still getting the error. I was able to open the printer as the service account and make a change (I changed the Paper from A4 to letter and then back again and this resolved the issue. I am assuming it forced the system to resave the settings. 

Version history
Last update:
‎2023-02-28 09:26 AM
Updated by: