Skip to main content

FAQ: QlikServiceCluster certificate for distributing apps from Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows

No ratings
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

FAQ: QlikServiceCluster certificate for distributing apps from Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows

Last Update:

May 10, 2022 3:20:13 PM

Updated By:

Jamie_Gregory

Created date:

Aug 21, 2020 12:49:48 AM

If you have upgraded to Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows September 2020 or later, you may need to perform additional steps after the upgrade if you are using multi-cloud deployment 

We have put together the following FAQ for you to check if you need to perform these additional steps or not. If you find out that you need to perform these additional steps, please follow the guideline in: Enabling App Distribution after an Upgrade of a Multi-Node Setup (September 2020)

1. Why do I need to perform these additional steps after upgrading to September 2020?
    To support app distribution on multi-node setups, a new certificate called QlikServiceCluster has been introduced. It is stored in Certificates (Local Computer) > Personal > Certificates.
    After performing an upgrade to September 2020, this new certificate gets installed only on the central node. To distribute this certificate on non-central nodes, you need to perform these additional steps.

2. What happens to the existing certificates upon upgrade to September 2020 release?
    No change is made to the existing certificates. A new QlikServiceCluster certificate will be installed and stored in Certificates (Local Computer) > Personal > Certificates.

3. I am performing a clean install of September 2020 release. Do I need to perform these steps?
    No. If it’s a clean install, be it a single node or a multi node setup, you need NOT perform these steps.

4. I am upgrading to September 2020. Is it mandatory for me to perform these additional steps?
    These steps are mandatory only if you have a multi-node setup and want to use app distribution.

5. After upgrading to September 2020, I performed these additional steps and got app distribution working on my multi-node setup. I want to now add a new node in my setup. Do I need to perform these steps again to configure the new node?
    No. You need not perform any additional steps if you add a new rim node after the upgrade to September 2020.

6. I have a single node QSEfW setup and I do not use App Distribution. I am upgrading to September 2020. Do I need to perform these additional steps after the upgrade?
    No, you need NOT perform these additional steps after the upgrade.

7. I have a single node QSEfW setup and I use App Distribution. I am upgrading to September 2020. Do I need to perform these additional steps after the upgrade?
    You are required to perform only one additional step - recreate identity provider in QCS tenant for QSEfW setup. This is required because the local bearer token for cloud deployment is recreated using a new certificate after QSEfW has been upgraded to September 2020 release or later.

8. I have a single node QSEfW setup. I am upgrading to September 2020. And I plan to add one or more nodes to my setup after the upgrade and start using App Distribution. Do I need to perform these additional steps after the upgrade?
    In this case, you are required to perform only one additional step after upgrading to September 2020 - recreate identity provider in QCS tenant for QSEfW setup. This is required because the local bearer token for cloud deployment is recreated using a new certificate after QSEfW has been upgraded to September 2020 release or later.
    After this step is performed, you need NOT perform any other additional steps to start using App Distribution.

9. I have a multi node QSEfW setup and I do not use App Distribution. I am upgrading to September 2020. Do I need to perform these additional steps after the upgrade?
    No, you need NOT perform these additional steps after the upgrade.

10. I have a multi node QSEfW setup and I want to use / I am using App Distribution. I am upgrading to September 2020. Do I need to perform these additional steps after the upgrade?
    Yes, you are required to perform these additional steps after upgrade
Labels (1)
Version history
Last update:
‎2022-05-10 03:20 PM
Updated by: