Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE

Field with blank value not coming in load script via Qlik Microsoft Dynamics CRM Connector V2

No ratings
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mukhiddin
Former Employee
Former Employee

Field with blank value not coming in load script via Qlik Microsoft Dynamics CRM Connector V2

Last Update:

Jul 15, 2021 7:12:43 PM

Updated By:

Mukhiddin

Created date:

Jul 12, 2021 4:16:05 AM

Description

The Qlik Microsoft Dynamics CRM V2 Connector lets you select and load data from your Microsoft Dynamics CRM account by running Fetch XML queries with the Qlik Web Connectors and loading the results directly into your QlikView and Qlik Sense applications.

However, when the values of a column are empty on the first page returned, the field won't be fetched into the load script via Qlik Microsoft Dynamics CRM Connector V2 (standalone) and won't show in the data to load preview in the integrated Qlik Web Microsoft Dynamics CRM V2 Connector in Qlik Sense SaaS. 

Resolution

1. It is a known limitation and we requested to update the Qlik HELP page accordingly in HLP-10422. 
  2. You may try a workaround by refining the FetchXML query so that it filters for non-empty values (using a "not null" operator) or changing the order of results returned.
Labels (1)
Comments
sebastianoe
Contributor II
Contributor II

These are not really good solutions, since the data provided can change depending on if fields are filled out or not. 

Example:

I have 4 fields in Dynamics that i do a load * with a preset fetchXML and write that data into daily qvd files. 

On day 1, all 4 fields are filled with data, so my qvd will have 4 columns. 

On day 2, only 3 fields are filled with data, so my qvd will have 3 columns. 

This leads to an inconsistency in the data that is pulled with the same FetchXML string.

Qlikview needs to adjust the connector to just fill in NULL's or make an adjustable option (maybe when calling the web connector?) to decide what to do with empty fields that are presented. 

The reason i need to query into daily fields is a performance one, as we get more and more data load times for all data become enormous and thus I need to split up the job to only go for daily data. 

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @sebastianoe!

Thank you for your feedback. We'd recommend logging this as an idea/feature request in our Ideas section, as of this point the solution we provided is how things are set up. Our product managers are responsive and we appreciate product feature input from all our customers. The ideas forum can be found here.

All the best,
Sonja 

Version history
Last update:
‎2021-07-15 07:12 PM
Updated by: