Support

Using Google Identity with Qlik Cloud

Last Update:

May 10, 2022 3:01:03 PM

Updated By:

Jamie_Gregory

Created date:

Jan 27, 2021 5:49:04 AM

An advanced configuration setting allows you to use Google Identity or OneLogin as the identity provider with Qlik Sense Mobile for SaaS and OAuth 2.0 applications. 

See Creating a new identity provider configuration.

turn on block passing offline access scope.png

Labels (1)
Comments
Josh-Head-of-BI-HGreg
Contributor II
Contributor II

Which IDP Type to choose for Google SSO in case we want to go with Option 1?

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @Josh-Head-of-BI-HGreg 

The Generic type is what you're looking for according to our SMEs! 

Create identiy  provider - generic.png

I'll also look into seeing if we can give a more detailed walk-through on this subject as per your feedback. 

-Sonja

Notwo
Contributor III
Contributor III

Is there a step-by-step guide for setting up resolution 1? I've set up the IdP in Qlike Sense based on this source (https://developers.google.com/identity/protocols/oauth2/openid-connect) and after some validation errors it seems like I managed to get passed the validation. However the IdP is in status "inactive" in Qlik and I am not able to use the activate button as it is greyed out. Any help would be appreciated. 

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @Notwo : I'd suggest that you make a new post with all the possible details on this board. There might be different factors at play, here.

AlexOmetis
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Worth noting that as of 11 Jan 2022 support for Google Identity was added to Qlik Sense SaaS & Mobile: What's new in Qlik Cloud ‒ Qlik Cloud:

Using Google Identity and OneLogin identity providers

A new advanced configuration setting allows you to use Google Identity or OneLogin as the identity provider with Qlik Sense Mobile for SaaS and OAuth 2.0 applications. For more information, see the Advanced Options section in Creating a new identity provider.

Version history
Last update:
‎2022-05-10 03:01 PM
Updated by: