Support

How do I ZIP my reports?

Last Update:

Nov 19, 2015 6:00:51 PM

Updated By:

Frank_S

Created date:

Nov 19, 2015 6:00:51 PM

Description: There are various reasons for compressing files, though some are less pressing today than in the past. Whether you have transmission restrictions, those of space, need to distribute in organized packets, or provide password security, NPrinting has you covered. Here is how you compress, or ZIP, your files.

Select Reports to be Compressed

Select_Reports_to_be_Compressed_display.png

After you have added the reports that you want to be generated by your Report Task, select the ones you want to be compressed by selecting the respective boxes in the Compress column at the far right of the list.

Create Password Protection

Create_Password_Protection_display.png

1. Select the General tab under Report Task
  2. Enter a password in the Archive Password field
  3. Click on the Show password box if you desire to see the password in the clear
Now each individual report that you have selected to be compressed requires a password to view it. Password protection can be nullified by deleting the password from the Archive Password field.

Create Archive

Create Archive.png

If you prefer to put all your reports in one archive file:

1. Select the Create an archive containing the compressed reports box so that it is checked
  2. Enter a name in the Archive Name field
  3. Enter a password in the Archive Password field if you desire to provide password protection (optional). You can also check Use recipient password if you want to set the recipient's password to that of the compressed archive
  4. We can see the password in the clear because the Show password box is checked

Now all reports that you have selected to be compressed will be contained in one archive file. Since we entered an optional password, the archive file requires a password to open it and view its contents. Password protection can be nullified by deleting the password from the Archive Password field.

See "Can I include dynamic elements in NPrinting e-mail?" to find out how you can automatically include the password you have entered above in the body of the e-mail message.

Version history
Last update:
‎2015-11-19 06:00 PM
Updated by: