Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW

QlikView App: Accumulate values in the Data Model

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

QlikView App: Accumulate values in the Data Model

Last Update:

Apr 21, 2014 10:29:22 AM

Updated By:

stevedark

Created date:

Apr 21, 2014 10:29:22 AM

Attachments

This example QlikView app shows a number of different ways that values can be accumulated by loading associated tables based on the existing data.

Three scenarios are looked at:

A straight accumulation of values that accumulate to match a total over a number of days.

A moving annual total where for each period 12 months of values are rolled up.

Creating an Average bar appearing as an extra bar within a bar chart

In all cases a new dimension is created to allow for the total to be created.

This document was produced to support the Quick Intelligence Blog posting Accumulate Values In The QlikView Data Model.  This blog discusses the techniques used so that you can use them in your own documents.

Please see my other documents uploaded to Qlik Community for further tutorials and examples.

Many thanks,

Steve Dark

www.quickintelligence.co.uk

Comments
sujeetsingh
Master III
Master III

Really a good work Steve and very helpful.

Thanks for such concepts.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Steve, thanks for your post... waht happend if I need to calculate for example in the same Line Graphic a line of Growth and Delta, how can I do that..? because there, I need to compare MAT on March-13 vs MAT on March-14. Thanks for your help!

Best RegardsExample.png

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Carlos,

To do this you will need to combine techniques from a couple of the points in the associated post.  You will be accumulating twelve months against a single dimension value to give a MAT.  At the same time as this you will need to associate the previous twelve months with the same dimension.  As well as the association to the twenty four months, you will need another field with two different descriptions, e.g. 'TY MAT' and 'PY MAT'.  You can then plot the two lines and calculate the deltas as well.

Hope that points you in the right direction.

Cheers,

Steve

Version history
Last update:
‎2014-04-21 10:29 AM
Updated by: