Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW

QlikView and Qlik Sense Dual-use Licensing

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nicole_Tamms
Former Employee
Former Employee

QlikView and Qlik Sense Dual-use Licensing

Last Update:

Sep 21, 2022 1:07:35 PM

Updated By:

Sue_Macaluso

Created date:

Mar 11, 2019 2:20:41 PM

Attachments

This one-page datasheet provides an overview of the QlikView and Qlik Sense dual-use licensing offer, which gives all of your QlikView users the latest in Qlik technology for a modest uplift on your annual QlikView maintenance. 

Tags (1)
Comments
nguyen
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi,

Which QlikView licenses can be converted to Dual Use? Is there still the date limitation?

BR

Nicole_Tamms
Former Employee
Former Employee

In June, we removed the July 1, 2018 offer cut-off date. Now, you are eligible for the offer regardless of when your organization purchased QlikView or your license type*, so long as you are current on maintenance. OEM partners, Federal accounts and those with Enterprise License Agreements continue to be exempt from Dual-Use licensing. More information on the changes to dual use can be found in this datasheet:  https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-Documents/Updates-to-Dual-Use-Licensing-June-2019/ta-p/160856...

nguyen
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Thank you!

nenadvukovic
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Nicole,

We met at Qonnections this year. Hope all is well.

Is the "modest" additional cost for dual-use-licensening still 30% of the current annual user support?

I am sure, that eliminating this additional cost in total, would increase the Qlik Sense adoption across the globe. Basically, we will be able to develop new applications in Qlik Sense and in parallel, trasnfer/re-design QlikView apps into Qlik Sense, not worrying about users and their access rights to both platforms.

Hope I was clear enough and that you will discuss it further internally.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Nenad 

Nicole_Tamms
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Nenad,

Yes, I remember meeting you. Thanks for reaching out. 

Yes, the uplift to annual QlikView maintenance is 30%, if you want to remain on perpetual licensing. You receive the complete Qlik Sense product for QlikView users, including components like GeoAnalytics and Web Connectors, at a dramatically lower price than purchasing Qlik Sense separately. 

You are correct in your assumption that you can develop new apps in Qlik Sense and work on QlikView apps concurrently without having to worry about access rights because all QlikView users have access to Qlik Sense. Plus, if you upgrade to April 2019 releases, you can request unified licensing, a single key to access both products. And, if you choose subscription licensing, you’ll be able to link to QlikView apps from our Qlik Sense hub (Qlik Cloud Services & Kubernetes deployments only). Additional functionality in this area is expected in November 2019.  

We are continually evaluating the Dual Use program and will share any updates as they become available.

Best, Nicole

radhouane_skander
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi @Nicole_Tamms ,

my organization have already Qlikview and Qlik Sense. how unified license can help me ? especially in terms of user and access management + administration of both qmc (Qlikview and Qlik Sense).

I know this is not about the topic posted here but I wanted to understand more about it.

Regards,

Skander

Nicole_Tamms
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Skander, 

Unified licensing provides you with a single license key to utilize both products. It is enabled through the new Qlik Licensing Service (QLS), which is compatible with April 2019 releases and later using the Professional/Analyzer/Capacity licensing model. QLS is a license mechanism used to activate licenses and provide visibility and monitoring of license use.  Key characteristics are as follows: 

• Keeps a connection to all deployments using a Signed License Key
  • Communicates between customer and backend (encrypted/authenticated)​
  • Uses HTTPS over a single port​
  • Monitors fraud through license backend​

It provides:

• Synchronization across product activation, entitlement and consumption
  • Common user license management
  • Fault tolerance 
  • Simplified management of multiple deployments of multiple Qlik products

Hope this helps. 

Best, Nicole

radhouane_skander
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi @Nicole_Tamms ,

Thank you very much for these informations. 

Regards,

Skander

khartless
Contributor II
Contributor II

We currently have QlikView and would like to add QlikSense.  From what I understand from this post, dual-licensing would allow us to manage users in one location and have full functionality of both the QlikView and QlikSense products. Are there advantages to purchasing QlikSense separately versus dual-licensing?

QlikViewUpdates
Employee
Employee

If you are on QlikView with Perpetual licensing, Dual Use will give your QlikView users full use of Qlik Sense. You don't have to change anything about your current QlikView deployment, just add Qlik Sense for your users. The Dual Use offer will allow you to adopt Qlik Sense at a fraction of the cost of licensing separately. Purchasing separately will give you the flexibility to license new users on Qlik Sense. 

In reference to our recent post/release (https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Product-Innovation-Blog/QlikView-Customers-Take-the-Next-Step-Tow...), only Dual Use customers have entitlement to use QlikView in the Qlik Sense Cloud Hub (access & management via single location). This functionality requires use of Qlik Sense November 2019 (QlikView April 2019 or later), Qlik Cloud Services (Subscription) or Kubernetes deployment, a conversion to the newer Professional/Analyzer/Analyzer Capacity licensing model, and adoption of unified licensing via Signed Licensing Key, enabled by the Qlik Licensing Service (giving you the benefit of license/compliance management). There will be a lot more to come in this area in 2020.

Thanks, Nicole

Contributors
Version history
Last update:
‎2022-09-21 01:07 PM
Updated by: