Qlik Community

Microsoft Documentation

Qlik Technology Ecosystem Partner

Backup and Restore Qlik Sense Server Hosted on Azure VM.pdf

TKendrick20
Valued Contributor

Backup and Restore Qlik Sense Server Hosted on Azure VM.pdf

This document is part of my series on how to set up and deploy a Qlik Sense Server on an Azure virtual machine. Here we will learn how to back up the server running Qlik Sense and restore from a previous backup should anything go wrong using Azure Recovery Services and Backup Vault.

There are a few more screenshots I would like to add soon. Azure is moving to a different-looking console than the ones pictured, so my apologies if the screenshots quickly become out of date. I will do my best to keep this updated.

Thanks, and please let me know if there is any way I can improve this document.

-Tim

Comments
dvickers
New Contributor

This is an excellent example for backing up and restore an Azure VM! Would you happen to have examples of manually backing up the Sense Server thru command prompts? In reference to Qlik's documentation : https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/3.2/Subsystems/PlanningQlikSenseDeployments/Content/Server/Server-...

The issue we have in Azure is the repository folder is stored on a network drive, not on the C drive like in the documentation example.

TKendrick20
Valued Contributor

Unfortunately I have not tried running a backup manually using the command prompt.

Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎06-30-2017 05:11 PM
Updated by: