Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
michael_anthony
Creator II
Creator II

Qlik Sense Mobile App - keyboard in search box

Hello,

We are having an issue with Qlik Sense Mobile App on iOS.  When we go touch on a search box it displays list of possible values, but pressing the "Search" brings up the keyboard, but then the keyboard disappears immediately without allowing any typing.  It also closes the search box.  The other features of search box work okay, can select values, just not use the keyboard based search.

Using the safari browser works fine, but we are wanting to use the App as that is what have trained users in.  Have tried various combinations and get the same behaviour.  It is the latest version of the App.

- On a work supplied iPad(s) with corporate setup and VPN etc.

- On a home iPad.

Both of these using latest version of the mobile App.

- Against our Qlik Sense server.

- Against Qlik's Qlik Sense demo server.

Has anyone else experienced this behaviour.  It is something recent as we rolled out Qlik Sense several months ago including on the mobile App and was working okay.  First reported by users in last couple of weeks but we have only been able to verify on an iPad recently.

Thanks,

Michael

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Prabhul_Dev
Employee
Employee

Hi Michael,

Thank you for the additional info. I was able to reproduce the issue you were seeing with Qlik Sense mobile 1.3.2 Feb 2018. I have shared it with the mobile team and was able to verify that this issue has been resolved with the April 2018 release of Qlik Sense Mobile. This version will be available in the Apple AppStore anytime now. So please watch for an update.

Thank you,

Prabhul

Qlik Sense Mobile Team.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Michael - I will have someone look at this.

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Regards,

Michael Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Prabhul_Dev
Employee
Employee

Hi Michael,

Could you provide a bit more information. I have tried to reproduce what you are seeing with my iPad pro and iPhone X and don't see what are seeing. The search seems to be functioning as expected.

Here is my test env:

- iOS 11.3 on both iPhone and iPad

- Qlik Sense Mobile version 1.3.2.228 (Feb 2018 release)

- Qlik Sense Server is running Feb 2018 Patch 1 version.

Could you confirm the versions on your end?

Could you also clarify where you are seeing this. Is it in the hub where you see the list of Qlik Sense applications or after you have selected an application and you are searching through the data and visualizations? A screenshot or a small video could help here also.

How many of your users are seeing this issue on your end? If its a widespread issue, it would b e good to know.

Thank you,

Prabhul Dev

michael_anthony
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Prabhul,

We are using the Qlik Sense mobile version 1.3.2 Feb 2018 release and have tested against multiple Qlik Sense server versions including the latest Feb release and an older Sep 2017 release.  We are running iOS 11.3.

The behaviour only occurs within an App and when bringing up selection box for a specific field.  The general search box and the Hub are not affected.  It doesn't affect the browser, just Mobile App.  It is affecting all our iPad users (abt 50) and is a recent change - previously okay but seems post the latest Mobile App update.

Our partner has raised this issue with Qlik (and also Michael above from Qlik) and they are looking into it.

We do have a video but don't believe can attach here, but this is screen shot of where we get the problem.2018-04-17 13_51_15-Windows Media Player.png

Regards,

Michael

Prabhul_Dev
Employee
Employee

Hi Michael,

Thank you for the additional info. I was able to reproduce the issue you were seeing with Qlik Sense mobile 1.3.2 Feb 2018. I have shared it with the mobile team and was able to verify that this issue has been resolved with the April 2018 release of Qlik Sense Mobile. This version will be available in the Apple AppStore anytime now. So please watch for an update.

Thank you,

Prabhul

Qlik Sense Mobile Team.

michael_anthony
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks Prabhul - good to hear.  Do you know if there is a planned release date to App Store so we can tell our users when to check.

brf
Employee
Employee

The April release is in the App store now.