Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
josimarrocha
Contributor
Contributor

Qlik Sense Mobile for SaaS : "Sheet Actions do not work" or "Sheet Actions Ignored"

Good Morning!

I've been facing serious problems with the migration to Qlik Sense SaaS due to mobile usage.

We used the concept of actions in certain folders a lot, where we configured to select automatic filters for certain users, automatically select today() date when entering an application.

However, I noticed that the actions are only applied when the access is performed through the web and when we use the Qlik Sense SaaS Mobile app the actions are not applied when we access a folder that contains configured actions.

Is this really a problem?

Is there any Qlik position regarding this?

Any fix predictions?

Thanks.

Labels (3)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @josimarrocha : I reproduced the issue and reported it to R&D as defect QB-9464.
Please, check the release notes of the upcoming releases to know when the defect will be fixed.

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.

View solution in original post

Yuliya_Kiperberg
Employee
Employee

Hi @josimarrocha,

I'm happy to report that the development to support sheet actions, SESI-152, has been completed and will be available in the Qlik Sense Mobile SaaS May 2022 release!

Thank you and have a great day!

-Yuliya Cashman-Kiperberg

View solution in original post

14 Replies
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @josimarrocha , 
any chance that you could attach a sample app here (nothing fancy, just something simple where the issue is happening)? Thanks!

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
josimarrocha
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi @Daniele_Purrone,
In fact, these are Folder Actions that are executed when accessing an application folder.

In the Action configuration, I inform a parameter that when selecting and entering a folder, a certain action must be performed, which in my case is "Select values ​​in a field".

Here I use it for when the manager accesses the application, when entering the folder, already select in the store field the value of his store and in the data field the value today()

However, when accessing via web, the action on entering the folder is performed correctly, but when accessing the same application via the Qlik Sense SaaS Mobile App and the same folder this action is not performed.

In Qlik Sense Client-Managed this works perfectly whereas in Qlik Sense SaaS Mobile it doesn't work in the App.

josimarrocha
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Note that in Qlik Sense when entering it selects the date of the day I made the video and in Qlik Sense SaaS it does not select any.

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @josimarrocha,  now I understand at least what the issue is about.
There is a mistranslation of the Portuguese "pastas", which, it looks, can be both Sheets and Folders. In Qlik Sense we call them "Sheet Actions", not "Folder Actions".

Since this is blocking for you, we need a "Severity 2" Support Case for this issue, so that we can link it to a possible defect.
Please, create one, and make sure to link it to his discussion. We'd really appreciate receiving a sample app to ease up the reproduction process. And please, also let us know if you are seeing this issue only on Android or also on iOS.
Cheers!

josimarrocha
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi @Daniele_Purrone ,
True, the company I work for has migrated to SaaS where the support is in English and I'm still in the initial phase of learning the English language 😂😂😂, so I'll make do with a translator for now.

I really talk about Sheet Actions.

I'm going to attach a test app with the Sheet Actions defined.

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Thanks @josimarrocha , I'll work on reproducing the issue!

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @josimarrocha : I reproduced the issue and reported it to R&D as defect QB-9464.
Please, check the release notes of the upcoming releases to know when the defect will be fixed.

Yuliya_Kiperberg
Employee
Employee

Hi @josimarrocha,

Thank you very much for posting the issue you're having while migrating to Qlik Sense Mobile SaaS, I really appreciate the feedback!

This is a known limitation in Qlik Sense Mobile SaaS where we don't support Sheet Actions. However, we've prioritized addressing this limitation and are currently in development, working to provide support for this function.

I will update you once we've wrapped up the work and let you know when you can expect this feature to be available in Qlik Sense Mobile SaaS!

Thank you again for your feedback!

Have a wonderful day!

Yuliya_Kiperberg
Employee
Employee

Hi @josimarrocha,

I'm happy to report that the development to support sheet actions, SESI-152, has been completed and will be available in the Qlik Sense Mobile SaaS May 2022 release!

Thank you and have a great day!