Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Qlik Sense SaaS mobile app (android) - alternate states are not supported

Hi,
I'm facing an issue with alternate state, that is actually I'm not able to select a value from a listbox in other state.

Qlik Sense Mobile v1.137.1
QIX Engine v12.1293.0

The same app via browser works as expected.

To me it seems to be a bug.

Please let me know.

Best Regards

Labels (1)
5 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

I have tested this and it is possible to select a value in the mobile app so was unable to reproduce the issue.

Below I have selected 2020 in the alternate state list box. The inherited states are 2019 and 2020.

• Check that you have applied the alternate state to your list box and a chart 
  • Ensure that the app is published
  • Refresh or restart your device and try again.

Now if you mean that '0' selections applied appears when making your default selection, this 'might' be a bug. If so, this may indeed required a support request to the Qlik Support desk to investigate in greater detail.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion
Author

Hi @Frank_S ,

Below some screenshots I took from Qlik Sense SaaS mobile app on my Android cellphone.

First I have selected the value 2021 in the "Anno" filter (inherited state).

After I select "Anno movimentazione"  filter (alternate state) and I see the same selections made for the same same field on inherited state.

Both fields "Anno" and "Anno movimentazione" are referring to the same field name on data model.

photo_2022-05-13_09-30-34.jpg

photo_2022-05-13_09-31-00.jpg

photo_2022-05-13_10-24-16.jpg

I hope now the issue is more clear.

Best Regards

Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi again,

I am just not having the issue. 

The results in my dashboad via the browser are the same results I get in the App.

In your app: Create a master item for the alternate state that you wish to use and applied that new alternate state to the 2nd Year dimension and 2nd chart.

• You need two of the same dimension ie: the Year dimension
  • Apply the alternate state to the second Year dimension object
  • You need two chart objects
  • Apply the alternate state to a second duplicated chart
  • Chart 1 will will be inherited. Year 1 dimension will be inherited
  • Chart 2 will will be applied your new alternate state. Year 2 dimension will be applied to your new alternate state

Selecting the second dimension list box value only affects the second chart

Selecting the first dimension list box value only affects the first chart.

In any case, it works based on what I've done in my tests. 

The results are the same in the Desktop and in the Mobile app.

If you feel there is a bug that I'm simply not understanding, I would encourage you to submit a support request.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion
Author

Hi @Frank_S ,

I checked again right row on my smartphone.

The two Qlik Sense apps work differently.

The Qlik Sense SaaS Mobile app (w/QCS tenant) seems does not have support for alternates states.
The Qlik Sense Mobile app (w/QSEoW) does support alternates states but the current selections only shows the values selected in default state.

I urgently need to use alternates states to get insights from what's excluded.

Could someone help me to fix this?

Thanks in advance for your time.

Best Regards

Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @agigliotti
The next step is you will need to go through the support process and provide detailed steps to reproduce the issue so it can get worked on by R&D as soon as able.

Kind regards...