Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joe_warbington
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Qlik Sense for Apple MacOS - offline enterprise and local development

With the launch of the Apple Mac Catalyst platform, it is now possible to convert iOS apps built for the iPad to run natively on MacOS. Qlik Sense Mobile should be converted to MacOS through this process so that enterprises that primarily deploy MacBooks will be able to run Qlik Sense locally, and they'd receive the benefit of Offline mode. 

This would be super helpful for developers, travelers (offline mode!), and those with Mac devices that cannot run Qlik Sense Desktop without something like Parallels or a VM. 

Has this been considered? There are over 100 Million active Mac users in the world. Healthcare and Universities are industries with a considerable Mac footprint - today, they often forgo Qlik Sense and work with native apps like those from competitive analytics vendors. 😞

MacOS - Mac Catalyst converts iPad apps to native MacOS appsMacOS - Mac Catalyst converts iPad apps to native MacOS apps

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Eva_B
Employee
Employee

Hi again @joe_warbington :

I alerted my team with regards to Apple MacOS and Qlik Sense Mobile.

In the interim I created an Enhancement / Feature Request. For your records the ID is: 3092

Please let me know if you have any questions and as I have more information I will post any updates on this thread.

Regards,

Eva

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Eva_B
Employee
Employee

Hi Joe,

Thank you for your post.

I am checking with my internal teams with regards to the  Apple Mac Catalyst platform with Qlik Sense Mobile and will provide information as I know more.

I hope you have a Happy New Year!

Regards,

Eva

Eva_B
Employee
Employee

Hi again @joe_warbington :

I alerted my team with regards to Apple MacOS and Qlik Sense Mobile.

In the interim I created an Enhancement / Feature Request. For your records the ID is: 3092

Please let me know if you have any questions and as I have more information I will post any updates on this thread.

Regards,

Eva

m4rksingleton
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

hi any update on this please? I think since @joe_warbington posted this, apple have made it even easier to convert iOS & iPad OS apps into Mac apps to work on their M1 chip.

crvctsaa
Contributor II
Contributor II

Yes please ! This seems like a no brainer now. iOS apps should be able to run on the Apple Silicon Macs with minimum effort I would have thought..

boguslaw_gmitru
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi, Maybe you are interested in this workaround.  (For M1 chip) 

https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6764924753435267072/?fbclid=IwAR3NmT4EE1t8uqqe8...

I know  that in Polish, but if you need any help just write to me. 

To support this Idea you can vote for it on: 

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Ideas/Mobile-app-iOS-version-available-in-the-app-store-on-macOS-for/i...

crvctsaa
Contributor II
Contributor II

Thank-you very much for sharing, I tried this a while back and after having looked into it further it appears as though Apple have disable side loading apps like this from OSX Big Sur 11.1.

https://www.macrumors.com/2021/01/15/m1-macs-sideloading-ios-apps-no-longer-possible/

When trying to install the .ipa I get a message saying "This application cannot be installed because the developer did not intend for it to run on this platform".

Having seen how it works on your machine makes it all that more compelling for Qlik to look into this as it seems as though it's probably just a case of signing the app as Mac compatible. No doubt there will be a rigorous process of testing before this can happen.

I hope they're working on it. Will add a vote on your other posting right away ! 🙂

Many thanks !