Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kfoudhaily
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Azure B2C as idp Qlik Sense

Hello,

is it possible to use Azure B2C as an identity provider for Qlik Sense Saas in a multicloud deployment?

we would like to invite external users to connect to our QS tenant without having to manage theire acounts on our active directory.

regards,

@Denise_LaForgia Marcus_Spitzmiller

QlikView Qlik Sense consultant
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Marcus_Spitzmiller

Hi, Qlik Cloud requires an IdP supporting OIDC.  It looks like Azure B2C can do that: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory-b2c/openid-connect

I've not heard of any issues, but would recommend you test it out.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marcus_Spitzmiller

Hi, Qlik Cloud requires an IdP supporting OIDC.  It looks like Azure B2C can do that: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory-b2c/openid-connect

I've not heard of any issues, but would recommend you test it out.

Supersmurf
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi! We had a go with Azure B2C as IdP for Qlik Cloud last week. We are allmost there, but need to figure out something with permissions or roles in B2C because; if we give the user the Directory Reader role it works, without it fails with the error:

{"errors":[{"title":"Authentication failed. Error received from identity provider","code":"LOGIN-3","status":"401","meta":{"error":"invalid_request","error_description":"AADSTS500208: The domain is not a valid login domain for the account type. Trace ID: a29abbe3-55e4-4e85-9b1a-e392ae730000 Correlation ID: b2d7fa88-8cd3-4945-8eb6-4c5dd27470e6 Timestamp: 2024-03-08 15:04:18Z"}}],"traceId":"e77d3a530d55a3d276747a81279fd123"}

Anyone that has figured this out?

aldosilva6
Contributor II
Contributor II

Could you find the solution @Supersmurf? I have the same problem here.

aldosilva6
Supersmurf
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi @aldosilva6! My client is in touch with Microsoft on this matter and I will post an update when we have a solution. Btw; they are facing exactly the same problem when trying to use B2C as IdP for SAP BTP. 

Regards

Jan

aldosilva6
Contributor II
Contributor II

Could you post your solution on how to configure Virtual Proxy and your application and user flow configuration?

aldosilva6