Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PythonMCSJ
Partner - Contributor III

Qlik CLI - Adding bookmarks to Cloud apps

Hello Qlik Community,

I was wondering if anyone have had success with publishing bookmarks to Cloud apps through the qlik-cli: Getting started | Qlik Developer Portal?

Through the usage of "qlik app unbuild" and "qlik app build", it is possible to unbuild an app, edit the json-files for measures, dimensions and bookmarks etc. However, I have now tried multiple different approaches of defining a bookmarks.json file:

1. Define a bookmarks.json file based upon the "qlik app bookmark properties" json output, and adding it to the "config.yml" file for the build. Result? The app is successfully built and reloaded, but no bookmarks are added.

2. Define a bookmarks.json file based upon the "qlik app bookmark layout" json output, and adding it to the "config.yml" file for the build. Result? Same as approach 1.

3. Approach 1 and 2 without the "config.yml" file, instead using the "--bookmarks" flag for "qlik app build". Result? Same as approaches 1 and 2.

Does anyone have any good ideas? I would prefer to avoid creating bookmarks manually if possible 🙂

Kind regards

PythonMCSJ

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

This is an interesting matter. It's probably a current limitation, but I'd suggest logging a Support case (feel free to mention this thread) so that we can investigate this. Thanks!

Daniele - Senior Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi, in case it helps: In the migration center there are some script examples, to migrate apps if uses the export and import options, I didn't tested but I think it will include the app bookmarks (not the user bookmarks).

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/migration/Content/Migration/Qlik-migration-playbook.htm

There is a link to download the examples, the migration script is the 7th.

Marcus_Spitzmiller

Hi @PythonMCSJ, I'd agree with the above from @rubenmarin.  The 7th migration script uses 'qlik app object set' but for sheets.  I think the concept should be the same for bookmarks.  What do you think?

PythonMCSJ
Author

Hi Ruben and Marcus,

I have tried setting the bookmark as an object, using "qlik app object set" - this does in fact bind the object to the app, however, the bookmark does not have the functionality of a bookmark. It does not appear under the bookmarks tab in the app itself. However, when I unbuild the app, the bookmark object is also unbuilt - this is the case, even when I delete the object actually (another issue, but unrelated for now).

I am guessing the original idea in qlik-cli, was to add bookmarks to apps, the same way you would add dimensions, measures etc (based upon the documentation), i.e. through json files. However, this simply does not work for bookmarks unfortunately, despite it working perfectly for dimensions and measures 😞

I appreciate your time, and I will let you know if I find a way to achieve the desired behaviour 🙂

rubenmarin

Hi, I've made a test in the server where I so the testing with the migration playbook, added a bookmark to an app, adapt the apps.csv and execute the 7_migrateapps.ps1.

The app has migrated to cloud and both bookmarks has been created in the app (a bookmark that the app already has and the new bookmark created today)... but the bookmarks doesn't works. 

This is the details on premise:

rubenmarin_0-1668012666940.png

And in cloud:

rubenmarin_1-1668012695577.png

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

This is an interesting matter. It's probably a current limitation, but I'd suggest logging a Support case (feel free to mention this thread) so that we can investigate this. Thanks!

Daniele - Senior Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
PythonMCSJ
Author

Hi Daniele, 

I will do that - thanks!