Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sangeetha_m
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Qlik SAAS Queries

Hi, I'm new to SAAS. I have below questions. 

• How does Qlik SaaS manage non-production and dev environments - are they separate tenants or part of one DV/QA/PD tenant? 
  • Among the criteria to define tenant allocations:
    • billing: is there a single billing process per tenant, or can Qlik split the cost between entities within a single tenant?
    • data location & sovereignty: does Qlik offer several geographies for data storage and processing? How are these linked to the tenants?
    • Scale: are there scaling limitations within one tenant? 
    • tenant / user license relationship: can someone having a qlik user license consume services from different tenants with the same license?
    • user access: is it possible to personalize the user access within one tenant (e.g. to avoid having a user see all the apps hosted in one tenant but only the ones relevant to her/him)?
    • administration & security: can we fit our decentralized operating model (within IT and business teams) within a single tenant, or do we need to have as many tenants as we have teams?
Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @sangeetha_m !

A few answers:

"How does Qlik SaaS manage non-production and dev environments" customers have different approaches. Some prefer to have separate tenants, some prefer to have one tenant and use different spaces for dev/non-prod.

"billing": that's a sales question and I'm afraid I don't have the details. I suggest you talk to your account manager about this one.

"data location & sovereignty": yes. We currently offer EU, US, Australia and Singapore as regions, with data stored locally on the specific region.

"scale": please check the help site for the capacity info.

"tenant / user license relationship": users will be able to consume services from different tenants sharing the same license if the license allows it and as long as the same identity provider subject is assigned to the user.

"user access" and "administration and security": yes, you can define different roles for users, you can assign different permissions to spaces (both shared and managed)  to users and user groups, and you can also use section access for each app. 

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @sangeetha_m !

A few answers:

"How does Qlik SaaS manage non-production and dev environments" customers have different approaches. Some prefer to have separate tenants, some prefer to have one tenant and use different spaces for dev/non-prod.

"billing": that's a sales question and I'm afraid I don't have the details. I suggest you talk to your account manager about this one.

"data location & sovereignty": yes. We currently offer EU, US, Australia and Singapore as regions, with data stored locally on the specific region.

"scale": please check the help site for the capacity info.

"tenant / user license relationship": users will be able to consume services from different tenants sharing the same license if the license allows it and as long as the same identity provider subject is assigned to the user.

"user access" and "administration and security": yes, you can define different roles for users, you can assign different permissions to spaces (both shared and managed)  to users and user groups, and you can also use section access for each app. 

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.